What's on the workbench?

Do folks actually adjust those by foot? I've seen that one (and others) and really couldn't wrap my head around how you use them.

Unlike the Janus, my joysticks are spring-loaded and return to centre after manipulating them. *ahem*

I've got another stubby short one with a mushroom-shaped handle on it, better for foot use ( I think ) than the tall skinny ones, but conversely it doesn't have much range of motion so won't be able to do subtle manipulations — but then again, I haven't tried manipulating the larger joysticks with my feet either.

I think joysticks moved by the feet will be more of an on/off thing and will set them up with trimmers so you can send a flanger, delay or reverb into oscillations...

The stubby one I bought for an Atari Punk Console type build.
I thought the taller ones from PedalParts would be good for builds such as the Pitch Witch (Pitch Pirate) and Chalumeau (Clari[not]). The SuperHeterodyne Receiver (Data Corrupter)...

Also for circuit-stuff like Pladask Elektrisk, Electro Faustus, or the weirder stuff from DBA and Dwarfcraft... Snazzy FX's Flutter & Wow... etc.

Unlike the Janus, my joysticks are spring-loaded and return to centre after manipulating them. *ahem*

Mine too, but according to the StompBoxParts website:

*With a few minor modifications, this can be made to move freely instead of returning to center.
1) Remove bottom of casing, remove both springs, then reassemble
2) Cut out center of rubber guide/disk.
3) The joystick will now move freely!

Ahh, gotcha. Let me hunt it down, it's .... somewhere around here. :ROFLMAO:

It seems like it was a blue note and something else. I actually think I might HAVE sent you that schematic way back when I was tracing it because something was odd about it. :unsure:

I can't recall.
Me neither. If it's handy I'd like to see it.

Yes, I suspected they could be so modded, but I want mine to return to centre.

Me too, I like the tactile resistance. I think it'll make more sense for what I'm likely to build anyway.

I remember being disappointed the first time I used a whammy pedal because I expected them to return back to toe-up.

Me neither. If it's handy I'd like to see it.

It's not at the moment but I'll get it for you. I'm also working on doing cloud backups in addition to external drives so older data won't be so far away when I need it.

Back