Where Do I Get Components For IO Board?

Shortstop

Hello there,

I recently bought this:

However I totally didn't realize in the description that it doesn't even come with the two guitar jacks and dc barrel jack that would make this worthwhile. The jacks component apparently is out of stock.

With this in mind, can anyone please guide me to where I can buy the two related guitar jacks and dc barrel jack off Tayda electronics?

Thanks

I have about 100 of the audio jacks and can send some your way when I get back from this trip on Sunday.

The 2.1mm dc jacks and the 1/4" jacks are both available on Amazon, and those kinds of parts are generally safe to buy from Amazon.
that’s where I buy my dc jacks, led bezels, if sockets and Switchcraft 1/4” jacks. Amazon beats all others prices it seems with these.

that’s where I buy my dc jacks, led bezels, if sockets and Switchcraft 1/4” jacks. Amazon beats all others prices it seems with these.
Amazon is crazy in that way, I have a coffee shop and our wholesale price on some coffee supplies is higher than the retail price on amazon. Amazon as well as 3rd party seller companies with piles of cash(or more likely credit) and a warehouse are able to buy in such bulk that they're paying pennies on the dollar from the manufacturer compared to other wholesalers. They then make a low profit on each amazon sale, but with such a huge volume still turn what I would assume to be a large profit.

Amazon is crazy in that way, I have a coffee shop and our wholesale price on some coffee supplies is higher than the retail price on amazon. Amazon as well as 3rd party seller companies with piles of cash(or more likely credit) and a warehouse are able to buy in such bulk that they're paying pennies on the dollar from the manufacturer compared to other wholesalers. They then make a low profit on each amazon sale, but with such a huge volume still turn what I would assume to be a large profit.
It’s crazy- I can get switchcraft 1/4” jacks for almost $0.50/ea cheaper on Amazon now than I could through Magic Parts or New Sensor 20 years ago at dealer prices. And yes, they are verified to be true Switchcraft, not knockoff

It’s crazy- I can get switchcraft 1/4” jacks for almost $0.50/ea cheaper on Amazon now than I could through Magic Parts or New Sensor 20 years ago at dealer prices. And yes, they are verified to be true Switchcraft, not knockoff
Have a link for those?

And yes, they are verified to be true Switchcraft, not knockoff
That's where I get mine, but it's hard to beat Tayda at $.16 for the dc jacks -- but as a Prime member, I usually can find free shipping and sometimes same-day-delivery options. It's hard to beat that kind of convenicence.

Do I want the mono or stereo version of those guitar jacks? Planning to buy them from Tayda electronics.
EDIT: Disregard what I said below. I thought you were looking for Switchcraft 1/4" jacks -- I just reread the thread and I see you are looking for these...

https://www.taydaelectronics.com/6-35-mm-1-4-righ-angle-stereo-female-connector-thread-lock-panel-mount.html

You want the stereo jacks for the IO Board.

Doesn't matter. Some people just buy the stereo jacks and then wire them up as mono. Most of the builds you are probably going to do (at least at first), you'll only need the mono jacks.

Last edited:
Back