Vero board for Ilitch PCB trimpot board

harmaes

I'm using 2 Ilitch noise coil solutions, one with a backplate and another one routed underneath the pickguard.
This noise coil has a resistance of around 350k (for standard) which works for standard output single coils.
Ilitch includes a small PCB with 2 trimpots and a few SMD caps to dial in the noise coil to the pickups to set it where it reduces the most hum.
For the backplate noise coil I've removed that trimpot because the denoising was working well enough without it. I recently moved the backplate to a different guitar and I noticed some static when I remove my hands from the guitar. I want to check if that can be reduced by using the trimpot PCB again which does some filtering with the caps I assume. However I can't find the little PCB anymore.
I asked Ilitch about it and with shipping he charges close to 100$ which will be increased with import duties and vat.

So I found a diagram on Circuitlab that has a schematic for this small PCB. I'd like to try to create a small vero board for this.
Can someone help me with the steps to create a vero board design that stays relatively small so it will fit in the back cavety of the guitar?

1708588400264.png

1708588801011.png

Thanks,
Harry

For the Tacit Blue (Tactical Fuzz) I received a TL019-R. I havent received the PCB yet because the shipment is stuck at customs here in the Netherlands.

The TL019-R has a relative low resistance between legs 1 and 2 of the primary coil. Since it's used to simultate guitar pickup coil(s), could that be used for a denoise option as well? It seems similar to the small coil Music Man uses. Would be interesting to try how it would work with single coils.

BTW, I've made my own dummy (noise) coil backplate in the past for a guitar with a P90 neck pickup. The amount of wire I used ended up with a coil of about 650-700 ohm which still works great to remove the noise from that P90 and keeps the tone close to the original noisy P90.

Back