Wild switch wiring

fontoponto

Hi everyone,

let's assume you have a dense pcb and the traces from the input or output of the circuit is for many reasons very far away from the area of the pcb that's near to the switch. Would you solder the wire directly into the pcb?
Maybe that's why combo pedals suck? :)
I mean the traces down to the switch are the neat thing about a pcb but this for example is just horrible:
The green traces are long i/o connections.

1723232866823.png

Any reason why not to solder a wire from the switch at the bottom to the top of the pcb?
I do it with the connection from the jacks to the switches like most people do all the time.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

let's assume you have a dense pcb and the traces from the input or output of the circuit is for many reasons very far away from the area of the pcb that's near to the switch. Would you solder the wire directly into the pcb?
Maybe that's why combo pedals suck? :)
I mean the traces down to the switch are the neat thing about a pcb but this for example is just horrible:
The green traces are long i/o connections.

View attachment 79861

Any reason why not to solder a wire from the switch at the bottom to the top of the pcb?
I do it with the connection from the jacks to the switches like most people do all the time.
Other than you may pickup extraneous noises, should work.

Back