Yes I’m posting this.

Dan0h

I’m very impressed with the level of detail Lego put into this kit. Reverb tank with white and red rca jacks and cables, tubes, the circuit itself, a speaker, all the cables , the tuners, the strings, even a pick for the headstock and extra picks to put in the back of the cab. I would have never bought this thing but I gladly accepted it as a gift. Pretty freaking rad. Now I just have to figure out what the hell to do with it. Lol. Enjoy the last week of 2021 forum friends.

0415D8DF-0088-423B-9CDC-0D0324A53AD4.jpeg
7B65A81F-5E8D-48C0-B860-04C90B0347DD.jpeg
707109FC-BC31-4171-89A8-44F019CA5631.jpeg
70CDAFCC-AA32-489F-8D58-76A0005B0DC5.jpeg

Damn! You beat me to the build report! Meh, I am out of town and only got the guitar built before we left. Nice job Dan0h, can’t wait to finish mine. Totally going to build a pedal board now too.

I will defend Ovations though. They are fun.
After reading this you will be convinced that Lyrachord is a "tone composite" and worthy to sit alongside Sitka Spruce, mahogany and some of our finer aged instrument woods. It almost makes you forget that playing an Ovation slightly more frustrating then dropping your pick in the sound hole. It's like holding a toddler who doesn't want to be held. After a couple of chords it just sorta goes limp and slides to the floor. They do sound great, though.

After reading this you will be convinced that Lyrachord is a "tone composite" and worthy to sit alongside Sitka Spruce, mahogany and some of our finer aged instrument woods. It almost makes you forget that playing an Ovation slightly more frustrating then dropping your pick in the sound hole. It's like holding a toddler who doesn't want to be held. After a couple of chords it just sorta goes limp and slides to the floor. They do sound great, though.

It's true. They were designed to hit the floor.

Back