Yin Yang Machine, Univibe in a Wah shell.

cooder

Univibe in a wah shell enclosure, built with Madbean Harbinger 2 board, highly recommended build to do, such fun to adjust speed while playing, addictive actually.
I posted a lengthy pic heavy build log about this on 'the other forum' if you wanna have a look, some of you might have seen it already:
https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=33713.msg324034#new

Since I had the 'cold' look of brushed aluminum enclosure and acrylic I wanted something to balance it out.
Yin Yang, light and dark. That's what the Univibe bulb does, light and dark to create magic.
So the next materials to finish the exterior would be from the opposite end of 'feel':
leather for the treadle, wood, bone and paua (NZ native abalone) shell for the Yin Yang logo plate.

I called it the "Yin Yang Machine":

4lAMZ7d.jpg

hVyi2KH.jpg

rI6QhzU.jpg

nfYDyvc.jpg

mjnIVmW.jpg

gGn0QLj.jpg

xfCU8bG.jpg

SIA2iM3.jpg

xoHQhVT.jpg

irkY3V8.jpg

u4YfMZK.jpg

Guts from build progressing:

eJPaHu8.jpg

47t0BlD.jpg

j282mTB.jpg

I might still after exploring it as is tweak some resistor values (the speed range) and the gain and bias trimmers, for now my better half keeps asking me "What's that suspicious big grin on your face about then...?!".

Last edited:
Univibe in a wah shell enclosure, built with Madbean Harbinger 2 board, highly recommended build to do, such fun to adjust speed while playing, addictive actually.
I posted a lengthy pic heavy build log about this on 'the other forum' if you wanna have a look, some of you might have seen it already:
https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=33713.msg324034#new

Since I had the 'cold' look of brushed aluminum enclosure and acrylic I wanted something to balance it out.
Yin Yang, light and dark. That's what the Univibe bulb does, light and dark to create magic.
So the next materials to finish the exterior would be from the opposite end of 'feel':
leather for the treadle, wood, bone and paua (NZ native abalone) shell for the Yin Yang logo plate.

I called it the "Yin Yang Machine":

4lAMZ7d.jpg

hVyi2KH.jpg

rI6QhzU.jpg

nfYDyvc.jpg

mjnIVmW.jpg

gGn0QLj.jpg

xfCU8bG.jpg

SIA2iM3.jpg

xoHQhVT.jpg

irkY3V8.jpg

u4YfMZK.jpg

Guts from build progressing:

eJPaHu8.jpg

47t0BlD.jpg

j282mTB.jpg

I might still after exploring it as is tweak some resistor values (the speed range) and the gain and bias trimmers, for now my better half keeps asking me "What's that suspicious big grin on your face about then...?!".
1650320215915.gif

Goddamn Beaufiful. Nothing else to say!

That’s fucking breathtaking! What is the sweep like for the speed? I love the idea and ended up buying a fulltone MDV3, but found that the greatest speed change was all in the last few cm of toe down. Ended up selling it

I also own an MDV3 and I really like it. Honestly I don’t use the expression pedal much, same reason I never got a wah wah.

I can't stress enough how much I L❤️ve this build!😻

So well thought out, every detail. Love the brushed alloy with the orangey suede, the wood, the yin-yang of it all.

Others have already posted memes and accolades and put it better than I could have ...

Thanks for the kind words guys, coming from you all who put out amazing builds here all over the place, quite humbling and much appreciated!
Cheers!

Very impressive design. I love how you played with all these different material. You though of every details. The assembly is probably the cleanest I have ever seen. Raise de bar they say!

Back