zero's various pedal builds

Thought I'd make a thread for my builds, there's nothing that spectacular, maybe this is more just a thread for me to refer back to what I've done for myself.
I get all my shit from tayda cuz im a cheapskate.

PXL_20240407_064525403.jpg

Right to left
PPCB Boneyard Delegate
PPCB Uberdrive
PPCB Sherwood
PCBguitarmania Elk Device (as Hizumitas)
PCBguitarmania Acapulco Lite
PPCB Box & All EQ
(carbon copy mini)
Basic junction box underneath

I've got a Scabbard & PCBGM Mad Blue to build.
PXL_20240408_235647479.jpg
Delegate boneyard - I've run 5mm green LED into Tayda's KE-10720 LDR - I need to play around with it some more, it seems to be working but i have some options to tinker with.
My last order I was trying to be a cheapskate and so I ordered all mylar caps, obviously I've learned my lesson on this now seeing how big they are.
I think for this one I followed the PCB and so im using 220nf for C7 & C8

PXL_20240408_235857286.jpg

Uberdrive. Quite happy with this one, I modded the drive pot from 1M to A500K and I used 2SC1815's - I play an 8 string so I was looking for a low cut boost.

PXL_20240409_000112972.jpg
Sherwood OD - I think I did a few mods on this one; disconnected treble pin 1 and connected to bass pin 1 on the back. Was there something about soldering in a resistor to the pot - maybe that was a different pedal.
I forgot to insert the transistors, was quite surprised how much I liked it as it was, then plugged in the transistors and it didn't seem to sound different. Either way, a really nice light OD.

PXL_20240409_000458847.jpg

Hizumitas - I learned my lesson about ordering inferior PCBs. And PCB with no drilling templates that I had to measure myself. And did i mention mylar caps?
Pedal seems to be working - I really don't think I like fuzz. Sustain needs to be maxed to get anything noticeable out of it - possibly also just a shit PCB.

PXL_20240409_000645292.jpg

Acapulco Lite - Actually quite like this as a distortion pedal, and I can see how adding the volume pot is a nice touch. Super basic build, drilled way too fucking high though.

PXL_20240409_000811377.jpg

Box & All EQ - Basic EQ for a basic person. This is actually my second one, I built and sold one when I bought my helix, didn't think I'd need EQ again. I still don't but i also like building pedals apparently. I think it was this one with the 7.5K resistor soldered to the pot - see Chela mods https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/the-pedal-formerly-known-as-chela.2929/ - Its on the back, don't worry about it, it looks great.

PXL_20240409_001009084.jpg

And just a basic junction box for under the board. Ordered the wrong size box at tayda so then I had to trim the jacks on the right to get them to fit. don't worry about it.

Last edited:
nice lineup! never seen the greenies before, I'm sure they were super annoying to squish in there lol

Yeh I think in some pedals there's the space to use them and save 5-10c a cap over film, but I think 1-22nf is where they're okay, past 22nf you want to use film, but hey, I learned.

Back