Paragon

Thank you! Yes, I've already built some pedals, but this is my first build from PedalPCB. I changed the power supply (9V instead 18V) and the design to analogman k.o.t. specification.

Last edited:
yes, the arrangement of the leds, pots, footswitches and the change of the power supply (jumpers), no big deal.. ;)

Last edited:
That is some clean looking work!
What kind of resistors are those, I’ve never seem them?? I’ve built 2, but w pcbs from Rullywow. I got one comin from PPCB. I’m gonna try it at 9V.

Thanks! The resistors are Vishay Dale CMF55 (metal film). These are high quality resistors, 1% tolerance only. They sound a bit more like carbon resistors, but without any hiss. I also have the Rullywow PCB here, but the arrangement of the pots are
not to my taste. In my opinion at 9v the pedal feels better under the fingers, not so static an hard..

Last edited:
Curious if you could elaborate on leaving out the charge pump and the k.o.t specifications! I saw someone else omitted C21,22 , increased C10, and jumpered C14 to C15 (and didn't jumper IC pins - I was looking at this). I'm interested in what the best way to do it is since I like the sound of the Paragon Mini at 9v.

I've used the original analogman k.o.t. v4 schematic and changed the paragon power supply with four jumpers. I soldered a 1N5817 diode directly to the power socket +9V (D7, D14, D15 are jumpered). Just like analogman I've used two electrolytic capacitors 100uF/50V for the power supply. C21/100uF is for the main power supply including the led's. The jumper on IC pins 2+3 connect C21 to ground. C11/100uF (stock) is for the voltage devider. I wouldn't change anything here, but there are other ways to jumper it to get the same result.

Last edited:
Back