What's on the workbench?

unknown.png

Just wondering if the standard pre-drilled Tayda 3 hole 125b enclosure would work if you left out the vibe/chorus switch??

I guess I assumed the chorus wouldn't be that great compared to a dedicated pedal like the Julia. But you might have a good point. I don't use Chorus much so perhaps this would work.

That’s kind of confusing. The Vibe in Vibe/Chorus is actually Vibrato and the Chorus is actually the classic Univibe sound.

I’m not typically a fan of the Vibrato sound but since I increased the speed on my full size ElectroVibe it got way better.

Also, Vibrato gets better at more, for lack of a better term, intense Intensity settings. Which stinks because if you have the pedal biased for great Chorus (UniVibe) it is typically too weak for a good Vibrato sound.

I’ve got a little breakout board in the works to make the gain and offset trim pots controllable externally.

That’s kind of confusing. The Vibe in Vibe/Chorus is actually Vibrato and the Chorus is actually the classic Univibe sound.

I’m not typically a fan of the Vibrato sound but since I increased the speed on my full size ElectroVibe it got way better.

Also, Vibrato gets better at more, for lack of a better term, intense Intensity settings. Which stinks because if you have the pedal biased for great Chorus (UniVibe) it is typically too weak for a good Vibrato sound.

I’ve got a little breakout board in the works to make the gain and offset trim pots controllable externally.

Ah that makes sense. I am not that familiar with these besides the few times I used one in Helix. I remember someone mentioned that the non-Vibe mode wasn't that great so that must of referred to the vibrato. I will probably have a dedicated tremolo pedal so maybe my original idea of deleting the switch would still apply. I am just planning out possible pedals I will want (and wasting hours on Illustrator having the designs pre-made). I am thinking of ordering several pcbs and just having them shipped to a relative's house in Canada since shipping to Australia takes so long.

You could try this if you are up to it!
They will be Opposite Rotation !!!
They just mount on the opposite side of the board :
Electrovibe with External Trimmers.jpg
ITP_3362_P_T.JPG

Back