What's on the workbench?

BF2-2.png
Think there’ll be enough room to fit an intelligent relay bypass board in with that (when it’s back in stock)? Gotta have that momentary goodness

Reactions: fig
Think there’ll be enough room to fit an intelligent relay bypass board in with that (when it’s back in stock)? Gotta have that momentary goodness

I think so (I'll check later and see for sure), but the bypass PCB will block your access to the trim pots from above so you'll have to calibrate it before assembling everything.

I can probably make some small adjustments to the relay bypass PCB to make that a non-issue.

Indeed it is. It's a lot of fun, I haven't played with one of those in years.

I turned the Rate / Depth all the way down (essentially disabling the LFO) and weirded out for a bit with the Manual / Regen controls.

It's almost identical to the FL-9 as well, so that should be an easy one to do.

In case it's not obvious (and it will be noted in the build docs), both of these stacked projects will both require low-profile 7mm height electrolytic capacitors.

I'm planning to have those available by the time the PCBs are here.

The first run of faceplates for the full-size ElectroVibe had the text on them but I didn't think it looked great so I removed it.

The Mini would just be too bare without it.

Reactions: fig
Looking good! Also, thanks for doing the extra on the low-heel caps. Almost feels like cheating, but then again I drill my own enclosures 😁

The prototype for the flanger was designed so regular sized caps could be laid down on their sides (similar to the VIIB project), but this wasn't possible with the upper board for the EV Mini...

Since I'm planning several more stacked projects in the near future (and a few redesigns of existing projects) I figured it was best to just go ahead and rip off the band-aid and start using the low-profile caps now.

Back