By Request ... a build report

Omg I have the partial kit sitting in a box and I can’t wait to get to it!!! Very nice work. Any gotchas or issues?
buy the 1900s with the brass insert ... and don't use the deep thread open jacks like I did because I was lazy and had them lying around.

also ... the fourth setting shouldn't have a wire to the rotary switch, but I knew that going in because of other people's mistakes ... mysteries still abound regarding the dry out and div pads, don't know anyone who's hooked them up

the pots aren't metric ... the brass insert is for the set screw ... there are scads of cheaper 1900 knobs with no brass insert and the plastic strips if you so much as open the bag they came in.

why not the open jacks? open jacks are fine. Using deep thread open jacks meant for an amp chassis or speaker cabinet means that there's a ton of excess thread on the outside of the pedal.

mysteries still abound regarding the dry out and div pads, don't know anyone who's hooked them up
I don’t have one of these boards to confirm, but a quick search suggests that the dry out is meant to be used in conjunction with the vibrato mode to get pseudo-stereo phasing with a two-amp rig.
I’m guessing the DIV pads are meant to connect to a footswitch to Divide the lfo rate, though that’s just a guess. You could quickly short the pads together with a loose wire to see if it does, and if it in fact does do that and you want to have that feature, you could wire it up to either a momentary SPST footswitch or a latching dpdt with an led.

Started this tonight. Would you mind walking me through how to wire the rotary? Also did your partial kit come with a trim pot or did you have to get one?

Started this tonight. Would you mind walking me through how to wire the rotary? Also did your partial kit come with a trim pot or did you have to get one?
Mine came with the trimpot. I just wired my rotary switch this week. The lugs on the rotary are numbered 1 through 12. You just need to connect the 1, 2, and 3 lugs to the corresponding pads on the board

Hey sorry one more question: it looks like the switches for width and stage are 3 positions? Are they on/on/on or on/off/on? And the 3 in the middle are just on/on I assume?

Reactions: fig
Thanks! Ordering the few missing parts. I’m very excited about this one. I already saw one of the kits on sale on reverb for over $200…

Edit: to clarify, it was a fully assembled pedal from one of these partial kits.

Last edited:
buy the 1900s with the brass insert ... and don't use the deep thread open jacks like I did because I was lazy and had them lying around.

also ... the fourth setting shouldn't have a wire to the rotary switch, but I knew that going in because of other people's mistakes ... mysteries still abound regarding the dry out and div pads, don't know anyone who's hooked them up
I wonder why the fourth setting on the rotary doesn't need a wire to the board, any idea why?

Back