MMBF5457’s and where they at?

Kroars

So, I recently went to stock up on a few items and seemed to be having trouble finding mmbf5457’s. Then I came across a note that they’ve been discontinued? Anyone know what’s going on with these? Is there a spot I can pick up 100+ for a decent cost (-$0.50)? Feel like I’ve been to all the usual spots with no luck.

Thanks!

Edit: digikey says these are a direct substitute -anyone try these in place of the 5457’s?

Reactions: fig
So, I recently went to stock up on a few items and seemed to be having trouble finding mmbf5457’s. Then I came across a note that they’ve been discontinued? Anyone know what’s going on with these? Is there a spot I can pick up 100+ for a decent cost (-$0.50)? Feel like I’ve been to all the usual spots with no luck.

Thanks!

Edit: digikey says these are a direct substitute -anyone try these in place of the 5457’s?

Last I bought were from Quest, they still have some, but they are marked as discontinued

Last edited:
Have they really discontinued them or is this just supply chain issue?

I know this isn’t exactly what your are after but Fuzz dog has 2n5457 in TO-92 which I placed an order for a load last week. I’m trusting that they are legit but I haven’t received them yet.

Until very recently, GuitarPCB had some NOS 2n5457s, but have gone dry.

I thought about buying some, but didn't because I figured the the smd versions would still be around for a while.

Update: looks like pedalhacker still has some in stock.

Last edited:
I had an incident with packaging and those little fuckers went everywhere.
Oh Jesus, I can only imagine. I knocked one off the bench last night, didn’t even bother looking for it. If I have trouble finding a dropped ge diode, I’m never gonna find an smd fet.

Last I bought were from Quest, they still have some, but they are marked as discontinued

Awesome, that’s exactly what I needed! Thank you very much. I went through four pages on the google and nothing…. Out of curiosity I noticed these have an “LT1” at the end, I’m guessing they’ll work for our needs? Thanks again!!

Edit: I quickly scanned through the data sheets and they seem to jive. Maybe the LT1 is ON Semi’s code and the regular 5457’s are FSC. Also, now that I google MMBF5457LT1 I’m finding a lot more in stock in other sites. Maybe it’s just FSC that’s discontinuing them. Hopefully ON Semi’s are just as good, mojo and all. Although doesn’t ON own FSC?

Last edited:
Awesome, that’s exactly what I needed! Thank you very much. I went through four pages on the google and nothing…. Out of curiosity I noticed these have an “LT1” at the end, I’m guessing they’ll work for our needs? Thanks again!!

Edit: I quickly scanned through the data sheets and they seem to jive. Maybe the LT1 is ON Semi’s code and the regular 5457’s are FSC. Also, now that I google MMBF5457LT1 I’m finding a lot more in stock in other sites. Maybe it’s just FSC that’s discontinuing them. Hopefully ON Semi’s are just as good, mojo and all. Although doesn’t ON own FSC?
I think their going away, the Quest site list what they have in stock as discontinued

Back