Recent content by andare

  1. andare

    Good practice for the eyelet boards in DIY tube amp kits?

    Never built an amp but that's my wet solder dream. However I've built a bunch of fuzz circuits on turret and eyelet boards and designed the layouts myself. I ended up cramming 5+ leads on the same turret. Amps usually avoid that. I learned to place the leads carefully because you can't undo that...
  2. andare

    "Moist Boy", my Low Tide Modulator (Fairfield Circuitry Shallow Water)

    I would totally buy a pedal called Moist Boy. I'd buy a cake called Moist Boy too.
  3. andare

    "Moist Boy", my Low Tide Modulator (Fairfield Circuitry Shallow Water)

    Done a Swampass Filter yet?
  4. andare

    Boutique Pedal Manufacturers Are Feeling the Tariff Pinch

    The fuzz I've BEEN looking for! I sold all my compressors for this 29 Pedals Eunuch untransparent signal schmalzigrr Prince's secret weapon (hint: it's blue and made by Boss) Why use OD when you can have tape saturation? Transform your primary tone The boost I always return to after ditching...
  5. andare

    Boutique Pedal Manufacturers Are Feeling the Tariff Pinch

    Well said. Mojo talk can only carry you so much. Most of these boutique builders don't have an online presence besides a website and Instagram, if that, whereas JHS put a ton of work into their channel.
  6. andare

    Boutique Pedal Manufacturers Are Feeling the Tariff Pinch

    Lately on Instagram I've been seeing small pedal and guitar builders announcing they are going out of business or taking a break, citing tariffs as one of the reasons. Makes sense but also the market has been saturated for a while and let's be honest, who is doing anything new, especially among...
  7. andare

    This is Why Top Mounted Jacks Rock! … a pedalboard story

    Those are still side mounted jacks. Top mounted jacks would be next to the footswitch and stuff. I'll see myself out...
  8. andare

    Possible Voltage Inverter?

    "You can turn it into a summer, which is just an adder."
  9. andare

    Bodhizafa Analog Reverb

    Turn off everything else and just play palm muted notes down low. Let us hear those sweet drip tails.
  10. andare

    Germanium Filter PCB

    Their Instagram page is dead. What's up with Moonn?
  11. andare

    Bodhizafa Analog Reverb

    Am I senile or is this just fuzz with tremolo? Where's the drip reverb? Make it surf, man!
  12. andare

    DBA Germanium Filter - Modded stripboard

    Joe Gore is legit. He wrote and played the guitar part on Tom Waits's Goin'Out West. He toured with PJ Harvey. And more. He has pedal demos on his YouTube channel, which is full.of amazing stuff BTW. I have his Screech octave fuzz. It's exactly as advertised. That is not his website, just a store.
  13. andare

    Frank Zappa Muff - Succesfull rehousing

    See how all those spaces are different? Kerning depends on the specific letter shapes but for a squarish typeface like this one I would make all of those spaces the same width. The two Fs that almost touch are particularly jarring. I'm no typography expert, though.
  14. andare

    DBA Germanium Filter - Modded stripboard

    https://joespedals.com/products/cult-germanium-channel?srsltid=AfmBOorWec-czV8eSRf5tujo2KzKi-iLX2YpFGl4Wh2-EXuZUa1n1SKQ
  15. andare

    Bodhizafa Analog Reverb

Back
Top