SUPA FUZZ how to led and 9v jack?

PAGOON

How would I attach a led and a 9v jack to this schematic. I have a few thoughts but I’m not sure.. would I need a 3pdt switch instead?

Attachments

• IMG_0517.png
    IMG_0517.png
    289.5 KB · Views: 35
Your 9VDC connector would be where the battery clip currently is. If you want both, it's a little more complex.

For the LED, yes, you want a 3PDT stomp switch. I like the Madbean stomp switch wiring scheme, but there are others that work too. You'll also need a hole for the LED, and leads to connect it to the power rail and the stomp switch.

Here’s my gut shot kinda rat nest like… I was going to use shielded wire but I did this instead… also I bout tinned wire from a reputable source and that wire caused so much interference I noticed it quickly because when I touched the wire it started making noise.. but the pedal works great and sounds awesome… I’d just like to get a LED so I know when it’s on. I was thinking the battery would drain if the pedal was on … but I wonder if it will only drain if the in and out jacks are connected..

Attachments

• IMG_0521.jpeg
    IMG_0521.jpeg
    587.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0520.jpeg
    IMG_0520.jpeg
    431.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0519.jpeg
    IMG_0519.jpeg
    554 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0518.jpeg
    IMG_0518.jpeg
    772.5 KB · Views: 15
Here’s my gut shot kinda rat nest like… I was going to use shielded wire but I did this instead… also I bout tinned wire from a reputable source and that wire caused so much interference I noticed it quickly because when I touched the wire it started making noise.. but the pedal works great and sounds awesome… I’d just like to get a LED so I know when it’s on. I was thinking the battery would drain if the pedal was on … but I wonder if it will only drain if the in and out jacks are connected..
I'm pretty sure the tinned wired is not the source of your 'noise' issue. My 2 cents...

I'm pretty sure the tinned wired is not the source of your 'noise' issue. My 2 cents...

It was I removed it and it went away… it was a + wire off the switch to one of the 1/4 jacks .. it was so obvious when I touched the wire it made a noise just like putting your thumb over a live 3pdt board or when you touch your finger to the tip of a instrument cable before you plug in your guitar. it was a low stranded wire that the whole wire was completely tinned so it it felt like a solid wire here’s a picture of the wire..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 8
It was I removed it and it went away… it was a + wire off the switch to one of the 1/4 jacks .. it was so obvious when I touched the wire it made a noise just like putting your thumb over a live 3pdt board or when you touch your finger to the tip of a instrument cable before you plug in your guitar. it was a low stranded wire that the whole wire was completely tinned so it it felt like a solid wire here’s a picture of the wire..
Can you post a link for that wire please? I'd like to try that instead of stranded.

but I wonder if it will only drain if the in and out jacks are connected..
Yes, if you wired it according to the drawing, it will only drain the battery when something is plugged into that jack on the top right (in the picture it's labeled "in" -- but that's typically where the out jack goes, so I'm not sure the in and out jacks are where they're supposed to be -- regardless it's the one in the top right of the drawing.

Can you post a link for that wire please? I'd like to try that instead of stranded.
I can’t remember if I got it from amplified parts or mono tone.. what’s strange is now that I wired the 9v adapter up the pedal sounds like the ocean… you know like when you hold a sea shell up to your ear but louder haha… I’m working on the 3pdt switch right now I hope it clears it up… other than that I have no idea

SHOOT GUYS I NEEDS HELP NOW IM TRYING TO SWITCH TO A 3pdt…
I used this a reference… now the pedals is still having interference noises ..I think I might need 3a with 2b but I’m not sure maybe my ground isn’t right from the battery snap or something… I’m also thinking it could be those input and output jacks I’ve never used them before.

1707539713318.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s the new nest..
Well I know the wiring is correct … I’m not sure about these type of capacitors it’s the first time I have used them… also my board is held down with alien tape… maybe that’s conductive I have noticed when checking continuity on the switch and all the grounds I noticed that it beeps for one second and then I can’t get it to hold the beep or so. I think it somehow is losing the ground or shorting out somewhere … it also works better when it is just the 9 V battery and not when I use the power supply and if I’m close to the power supply and have the pedal on the speaker cab, it makes crazy noise but it will work on the floor and be somewhat quiet or at least acceptable . I just played it I know this sounds crazy… it sounds perfect when I’m like ten feet away and the pedal is on the floor.. I’m also in a basement with the power supply that is running off a few outlets and right near the Verizon FiOS box. I don’t know if that makes a difference. I wonder if I have to sheild the enclosure I don’t know…

I’m going to do the shielded cables like I’m supposed to do and see if that fixes it.. Turns out nothing was wrong here it was my basement that just causes problems I chased my tail for two days…

Last edited:
Back