I’ve Got An Extra 1590BB lid. Need Ideas

BuddytheReow

Breadboard Baker
Self explanatory title. I’m only using the main enclosure for a project so now I’ve got an extra lid. It’s painted but can be easily sanded off if need be. Any ideas what to use it for other than a coaster?

Make it a test mule.

Multiple holes in the most popular PPCB drill patterns... Then you can get pots soldered into builds and test before the actual boxing in that build's final enclosure.

I had a spare and gave it to my Laser-engraver friend to try stuff on. It's now got a bunch of little graphics on it as he tested different levels or whatever you test with a laser-engraver. Mine'll wind up on a build with velcro at some point.

Self explanatory title. I’m only using the main enclosure for a project so now I’ve got an extra lid. It’s painted but can be easily sanded off if need be. Any ideas what to use it for other than a coaster?
I use those and mis drilled enclosures to practice lettering painting, but not nearly often enough.

I use one to put a couple of capfuls of flux remover in. I set the board on it for about a minute to remove all the flux residue as the amount in there is the perfect height and amount without wasting too much.

If you drill holes for the the opposite versions of the connectors you use most, you can then mount them in and have a nice heatsink/jack stand for making cables. I personally use 1/4, 1/8, 2.1, and xt60 the most. Add some banana jacks for easy testing too.

Back