Doomed to Repeat - PedalPCB Hydra 4 head FV1 Digital Delay

Controls:
Time = Speed
Years = Swell (number of repeats)
Age = Age (how degraded repeats are)
History = Volume
Past/Present = Mix (full dry/full wet)
Dimensions 1/2/3/4 = Delay heads

Blue sparkle enclosure looks great in the light!

Demo video:

This pedal sounds amazing. My first true delay pedal which I built to get my old H2O echo off the board and I love the sound and versatility of this. Sounds especially incredible and spacey with my recent Flanger build before it.

Attachments

• IMG_7667.jpeg
    IMG_7667.jpeg
    475 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7668.jpeg
    IMG_7668.jpeg
    582 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7663.jpeg
    IMG_7663.jpeg
    523.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7581.jpeg
    IMG_7581.jpeg
    477.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Nice build! I like the concept and am a sucker for clear knobs. On the gut shot it looks like the shielded output cable might cause a short if it touches the side of the case.

Nice build! I like the concept and am a sucker for clear knobs. On the gut shot it looks like the shielded output cable might cause a short if it touches the side of the case.
Thanks! Short the input/output to ground you mean? I tried to pull the shielding back a bit more from when I took the pictures so it looked ok when I closed the box. If it causes a problem I’ll change the wire out. Thanks for looking out!

Thanks! Short the input/output to ground you mean? I tried to pull the shielding back a bit more from when I took the pictures so it looked ok when I closed the box. If it causes a problem I’ll change the wire out. Thanks for looking out!
Yes. It looked like the outside was touching the lug in the picture.
1711492008438.jpeg

Very nice looking enclosure! It looks like you got your FV-1 soldering issues resolved, but I have a question, what's the point of running shielded wire if the shield isn't connected to anything?

This thing is beautiful and it sounds amazing. Very nice job on the design, the build, and the demo is fantastic -- makes me want to build this one.

I do have to agree with @Brett though.
Very nice looking enclosure! It looks like you got your FV-1 soldering issues resolved, but I have a question, what's the point of running shielded wire if the shield isn't connected to anything?

Without grounding at least one end of that shield, it's only cosmetic. It's not actually doing anything to shield your signal.

Back