Frost Drive

Ctrl4Smilerz

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
PXL_20240414_161349279~2.jpg PXL_20240414_174626874.jpg

I finished up my build a few days a go, and have had any chance to play with the many settings. Overall the build was straight forward, and the pedal worked straight off the workbench without the need for debugging, which always make me happy. The one hiccup I had was that 4 of the pots I got had wide bushings (I should have read the descriptions more closely) and the legs were spaced differently than the other pots:

PXL_20240414_173210168.jpg

I drilled the holes for the wide bushings, but then realized the they wouldn't fit in the enclosure because the legs are spaced differently than the other pots. In the end I had to order new pots. I socketed the "flavor" components, because I thought this pedal doesn't have enough controls ;) If you look closely, you can see washer under four outside knobs, covering the overside holes. I'll probably get a new case for it, on my next order from Tayda.

I tried a few of the different clipping options and landed on the 1x2 asynchronous clipping. I didn't play around with the impedance to much, and have it set in the middle. For the frequency trimpot, I found I like all the CCW for a nice TS growl.

Overall I really like the pedal, and think it sounds great. In both asynchronous clipping modes, it retains the classic tube screamer sound, but with much greater clarity. It has enough variability that I will be playing with the controls on this one for a while.

Back