Photon Vibe / Paisley Vibe

182julien44

Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
After two or maybe even three years, I finally completed my photon vibe build!

This wasn’t a straight forward build, I made many ordering mistakes and dragged my feet to finish building this pedal.

PXL_20231228_203039027.jpg

First, I don’t remember which photoresistances I used but, I bought some vintage ones from Small Bear Audio, before they announced they were closing down (this long ago, I know lol). I remembered reading on this forum that they were the best for this pedal so, I did what anybody would do after reading one comment on a forum, I went ahead and bought these. To be fair, you guys are very knowledgeable and I think I made the right choice for this effect.

PXL_20231228_203146039.jpg

The first time I tried to have the enclosure printed, Tayda’s website wouldn’t allow this design because the design file was too heavy (this was over two years ago). At the time, I messaged Hugo and he told me that updates were coming and, then, I would be able to upload my file.

The second time, it worked, but I chose the wrong enclosure. The holes didn’t match and I wouldn’t be able to salvage the enclosure by drilling more holes. Then I lost interest in building this pedal because I quitted my Band of Gypsies type band.

PXL_20231228_203428416.jpg

About a year later, I decided to finally finish this project because I only needed an enclosure to complete it. The third time did the charm! The enclosure was wonderful and the pedal sounded amazing but I was missing something. A single red knob. So I had to wait for my next Tayda order, again, to complete this build.

Now, it is finally done.

After playing it for a bit I can tell you that it is a cool take on the Uni-Vibe. It has some very useful controls and is responsive to picking dynamics. My only complaint is that it would have been nice to have an external dry/wet control.

Overall, it is a very cool and enjoyable pedal. If you want an Uni-Vibe type of effect, I would recommend it.

Nice job. Looks great. The art really fits. I want to do this one but always hit a wall when trying to find the LDR's.

Back