Submersible/Frequency Interchange

Mentaltossflycoon

So I've already posted a report for this Frequency Interchange but the Submersible is new. I took the FI off my board to make room for the drebbel a while back since I use a nobelium pre that has its own hpf switch. I've greatly enjoyed using both pre's together but I have been wishing I had my hpf on a knob rather than the switch on the nobelium.

When the submersible got released It occurred to me that I could fit both of these in a 125b. I tend to keep the switches on my drebbel in the submarine position so I'm mostly missing the body pot which I was finding useful but fairly subtle. So all in all, this thing's almost the best of both worlds. Skipped the bypsss switch since I use both circuits always on.

I built the drebbel before buying my DCA75 so I'm not sure how close my jfets come to the necessary specs in the build docs. The fets I put in the submersible here are quite close. It does sound different but both sound excellent. I'll need more time to opine further on toanal differences. Hammered grey from amplifiedparts.com.

20240514_133500.jpg 20240514_132035.jpg

Last edited:
Genius!

toanal differences

ConfusedConfusedLookGIF.gif

Back