Beatle Juice

joelorigo

Here's my finished Beatle Juice.

I am using 1N4148 diodes currently since others have previously said that they didn't hear a difference between those, 1N914 and OA200 in the original.

I am using the original BC547A transistors which are hfe in the 300s but I did try 2N2222A which were in the 180-190 range and it didn't make any sound, and BC109 which were in the 520 range and it reduced the volume output substantially, made it more gated and took away some low end. Kind of a cool sound but I liked the BC547A better.

Also used a A10k for the volume instead of the B10k because of the thread about a massive volume boost on the pot rotation.

I had a few designs I was working on, including one where I had a free AI program make a "Beatlejuice" image but when I saw the new-ish candy red enclosure I decided to go clean, kinda like the original footswitch of the Vox amp.

Looking forward to trying it in front of my Pharmacist!

Attachments

• IMG_7898.jpg
    IMG_7898.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7899.jpg
    IMG_7899.jpg
    990.4 KB · Views: 41
  • BeatleJuiceFuzz GFX john lennon 2.png
    BeatleJuiceFuzz GFX john lennon 2.png
    543.7 KB · Views: 41
Yeah, that was it. Tried the 2N2222A transistors backwards and it made sounds. Sounds similar to the BC547A but even more gated in general, except for a certain small range on the bias knob. Not sure which I like better, going to have to listen to each more.

Back