Beatle Juice / Pharmacist Combo

Choose one

• 1590BB without Boost

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • 1590XX with Boost

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
In get that. But is "multi-channel" a either or(switched parallel), or will the circuits be in series?
l read multichannel as either/or on a footswitch and bypass on a footswitch.
As in a multichannel preamp...
Acclam failed to include the Fuzz in the Original Dr Robert so even if the Fuzz is seperate , its a Bonus!

I haven't built the Pharmacist yet, but I have built a Conqueror Supreme which Is similar, I could do without the boost, you can always add an external one in your chain, and as noted above it's not the originals boost.

In get that. But is "multi-channel" a either or(switched parallel), or will the circuits be in series?

In my head the plan was Fuzz > Pharmacist, similar in structure to the original amp.

A bypass footswitch for the whole pedal, and another footswitch to activate the fuzz in front of the Pharmacist when the pedal is active.

I have to find my Pharmacist prototype so I can play around with the combination together and see what actually works best.... just because it sounds like a good idea doesn't mean it is. :ROFLMAO:

I have to find my Pharmacist prototype so I can play around with the combination together and see what actually works best.... just because it sounds like a good idea doesn't mean it is. :ROFLMAO:
Gotcha
Like two beautiful people with ugly kids...🤣
I'd prefer the boost stay, at least on a toggle switch. Not having one kinda neuters the pharmacist some. The ability to move the boost pre each circuit would be nice as well.
It just seems, to be worthwhile, adding functionality would be prerequisite to necessitate the reworking. Just sticking both circuits in a box, mostly as is, seems rather redundant.

The issue with moving the boost around is that it is, more or less by definition, the very end stage of the original Phamacist design (or rather, a choice between two differently-biased end stages).

The more that I fiddle with this circuit, the more it feels to me that Vox got it right in the amps the first time round. Also, I'm pretty sure Aclam's "bias" on the Mocker/Beatle Juice is born of a schematic mistake – their base resistors on Q2 might work well to help control the fuzz in fuzz mode, but don't work so well when trying to run it as a clean channel. I'd even go so far as to say that the Sergeant Fuzz might be a better platform than the BJ for this project, at least up until the redundant mids control (and ditching the asymmetrical clipping diodes)...

Back