Eeprom programs for FV-1

NickC

I just got an Octagon, is it possible to have all the programs available so I can load or modify them to my liking? I already have a chip programmer, I just need the algorithms

thank you

Mas efforts has a pretty large git hub repository so does holy city, there are even some members here that have posted links to algo they have written. That should send you in the right direction

I just got an Octagon, is it possible to have all the programs available so I can load or modify them to my liking? I already have a chip programmer, I just need the algorithms

thank you
Loading algorithms (patches) onto an EEPROM is one thing; that's just transferring data. However, modifying patches is whole new ball game. To modify algorithms, one needs, at the very least, an awareness of ASM and/or hex/binary coding and the means to upload any altered algorithms/patches into an EEPROM. Typically, all 8 patches are loaded at once, and the best ASM option is to use SpinASM for such transfers. (Depending on what hardware you have for data transfers.) Pulling data from an EEPROM for editing/modifying can be tricky as the ASM/Bin/Hex formatting gets to be a little confusing when so pulled directly from and EEPROM. Patches extracted from an EEPROM typically first display as Bin/Hex and need to be transferred/converted to ASM for easier editing. (It's a rabbit hole, but not too deep.)

Probably the easiest means of altering FV-1 patches is with Holy City's "SpinCAD Designer" app and acquire any patch files you'd like to modify in the "SpinCAD Designer" format - "*.spcd" for single patches and/or "*.spbk" for an entire bank of 8 patches. The free "SpinCAD Designer" app can be acquired from Holy City's 'GitHub' pages. There are also several tutorial notes/pages for SpinCAD Designer here. And several SpinCAD formatted patch files here.

Also, check out PedalPCB's "Spin FV-1 Development" forum group for more details on ways and means of transferring FV-1 algorithms/patches.

everything is clear thanks, but I was wondering if it was possible to have the compiled files of the algorithms present in the custom eeprom list found on the site, so as to make a personalized setlist myself. @PedalPCB

I think the issue is you're asking for something that is for sale to be given to you...
Robert has to keep his leg lamp on, after all.
This exactly… there are plenty of open source algorithms that are similar that you can download and edit, or write your own, not everything is free man… $6 isn’t that much to ask

man i d'like to DOWNLOAD some/all the bin/source files, i don't need the eeprom , i already have it.
If you already have the Octagon EEPROM, you can copy the data from from it with an inexpensive EEPROM Reader/Writer. Then convert the Bin/Hex format to something useable like SpinASM or straight-up ASM for editing or simple transfer to another EEPROM and even add then in a different order.

This exactly… there are plenty of open source algorithms that are similar that you can download and edit, or write your own, not everything is free man… $6 isn’t that much to ask
i think they were free algos, at this point i will ask mr pcb to buy just the "software"

Back