Duocast v3 2nd channel wiring

doppz

I just put together my Duocast v3 with a bug I had to troubleshoot. In the image below, on the left footswitch, the pad connecting to the 2nd black wire was not grounded, but rather made a connection to the center lug of the 25k pot for channel 2. The pad to its right, (pink wire) which should be going to this lug, went to nothing as far as I could tell.

I inspected the board and couldn't find any scraped traces or solder bridges. There's a trace I could follow from the pink wire pad to the center pot lug, but it did not make connection. I ended up just wiring the footswitch directly the needed outputs. Pedal sounds great and works fine now. I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue.
1718229928675.png

I just finished the same build yesterday and did not have that issue. It worked fine when I fired it up. It's going to be a tight fit in the case, a 1590BB, because the 35v capacitors I have are pretty tall. Great sounding circuit, though. It doesn't seem to care what transistors I throw in there. With the bass and treble trimmers on the board, you can pretty much tailor any transistor to your liking.

Back