Skeptical Buffer x2

Waldo_jeffers

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Finished up two Skeptical Buffers today. Part of the motivation for this was to see what the fuss was about, the other was to build a buffer for a friend.

I couldn’t decide on what design I liked so did one of both. “Buff” for buffers. I’m really liking the Tayda Candy Copper.

They sound good. They definitely do something. I play fender wide range humbuckers into a Tech 21 amp and the Harmonics and Bright settings are definitely the more noticeable to my ears. Placing it before my Skoolie (Madbean Memory Man) also gets rid of some clock noise as a high pitch issue I’m having without a buffer before it, even with the pedal engaged and all three modes off.

The minor downside is I’m getting a quiet-ish pop when engaging the pedal like others have recently mentioned in build reports. No idea what the cause is and haven’t gone to the lengths that others have in troubleshooting threads. I’ll probably just leave it because I feel like I’d use this more as an always-on rather than mid-song.

Attachments

• IMG_0456.jpeg
    IMG_0456.jpeg
    269.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0461.jpeg
    IMG_0461.jpeg
    416.2 KB · Views: 35
Man, more SB switch pop…. I tried everything with the few I built and couldn’t get it not to pop. Too bad, it’s a great sounding pedal. Nice looking builds!

Back