1/4th vs 1/8th W resistors

I've been buying from mouser in lots of 10 (or 20 for the popular ones) but I'm annoyed at their website - they have many different models of same resistor value even of same brand, so it takes some effort to select every one. And then I find that a load of my latest batch seem to be half the size the rest...
The "easy ordering" page on the Tayda site is the shit.

I have some Tayda resistors (Royal Ohm I think?) that have some thinner leads, but I've never felt like it was something that prevented them from being used. Most of them don't feel that thin. I always buy either 100 or 50 at a time. If you're building a bunch of pedals you know you're going to use some common values frequently like 100 ohm, 1k, 4.7k, 10k, 100k, 1m, etc. I buy 100 of those when I'm getting low. Something I may need for an oddball build (klon uses some weird ass values) I'll just buy 50 of them.

I grabbed a cheap set of ceramic 1/8 with 5% from China. They worked so far, but often they are far off the labeled specs. I measure every one before loading in the PCB. Next time I grab 1/8 metal films with a tighter 1% tolerance.
I've had good luck with the 1/4 and 1/8 watt 1% metal film off AliExpress in the big combo packs.
You get every value under the sun for .0003 each.
I try to keep "be[er ones" around in common values but no hesitation in using those. Tolerance has been good.

I have some Tayda resistors (Royal Ohm I think?) that have some thinner leads, but I've never felt like it was something that prevented them from being used. Most of them don't feel that thin. I always buy either 100 or 50 at a time. If you're building a bunch of pedals you know you're going to use some common values frequently like 100 ohm, 1k, 4.7k, 10k, 100k, 1m, etc. I buy 100 of those when I'm getting low. Something I may need for an oddball build (klon uses some weird ass values) I'll just buy 50 of them.
Early on, some of the leads were so thin, they would break either while building or later on.

Back