1/4th vs 1/8th W resistors

Synchrony Pedalworks

I have a ton of 1/8W resistors, but like most, forgot to order some 1/4W values. I hope I can substitute the 1/8W resistors, so I don’t have to put resistors is parallel or in series.

Can most of the PedalPCB projects be safely done with 1/8W resistors?

Is there any rule of thumb to determine when 1/8W is not advisable?

Thanks!

I have a ton of 1/8W resistors, but like most, forgot to order some 1/4W values. I hope I can substitute the 1/8W resistors, so I don’t have to put resistors is parallel or in series.

Can most of the PedalPCB projects be safely done with 1/8W resistors?

Is there any rule of thumb to determine when 1/8W is not advisable?

Thanks!
1/8th watt will be fine.

This is DIY, do it until the magic smoke comes out.
one time I breadboarded a ruby amp (I think - definitely a ROG project) and I effed up a connection to the lm386 and I’m playing along and then the smell hits me, I touch the 386 and realize it’s about to start fusing helium, so my dumb ass grabs the battery. Leads come out of the breadboard just fine but then they have a little hug because of the stress of it all and their pvc coating melts together, the battery is about to blow. I grab my handy tin snips and cut the leads off just down from the battery snap and everything was just dandy.

And then I changed my pants.

one time I breadboarded a ruby amp (I think - definitely a ROG project) and I effed up a connection to the lm386 and I’m playing along and then the smell hits me, I touch the 386 and realize it’s about to start fusing helium, so my dumb ass grabs the battery. Leads come out of the breadboard just fine but then they have a little hug because of the stress of it all and their pvc coating melts together, the battery is about to blow. I grab my handy tin snips and cut the leads off just down from the battery snap and everything was just dandy.

And then I changed my pants.
I can totally see myself doing that! 🤣

I've been buying from mouser in lots of 10 (or 20 for the popular ones) but I'm annoyed at their website - they have many different models of same resistor value even of same brand, so it takes some effort to select every one. And then I find that a load of my latest batch seem to be half the size the rest...

Back