3 in 1 circuit order switcher

ac30irons

Hey all,

Can this be done ? I am looking at combining a univibe type/fuzz/power boost in one bax

Now you guys have educated me in how to switch order in a 2 - 1, but what about a 3 - 1 ?

My wiring order will be 1.vibe 2.fuzz 3.boost. I want to be able to swap at the flick of switch to fuzz/boost/vibe.

I tend to use daughter boards !!!

Thank you in advance.

That should be doable. From what you described you want to think of it as two circuits: 1) Vibe and 2) Fuzz & Boost. You would want to keep the Fuzz and Boost wired in series. From there, you can implement any normal order switching (like the PPCB order switching board).

That should be doable. From what you described you want to think of it as two circuits: 1) Vibe and 2) Fuzz & Boost. You would want to keep the Fuzz and Boost wired in series. From there, you can implement any normal order switching (like the PPCB order switching board).
Thanks for the reply, I want all three independent with there own 3PDT.

Yep, that is totally doable. With the PPCB 3PDT breakout board, take the Fuzz Jack In, wire the rest as normal, then Fuzz Jack Out to Boost Jack In, then wire the rest as normal. On the Order switch, Fuzz Jack In will be S1 and Boost Jack Out will be R1 (the Vibe will go on S2 and R2). Then all 3 will have their own 3PDT and you will be able to toggle the position of the Vibe (first or last).

My wiring order will be 1.vibe 2.fuzz 3.boost. I want to be able to swap at the flick of switch to fuzz/boost/vibe.
What you're describing is the same as what @jwin615 and @dan.schumaker are describing. In both of the cases you listed, the fuzz comes before the boost, so you can treat those as one group and the vibe as another, single-member, group. You can still use 3PDT switches for each effect to bypass them individually.

I drew this up quickly (I cannot promise it's 100% error-free), but something like this:
1718482464562.png

Yep, that is totally doable. With the PPCB 3PDT breakout board, take the Fuzz Jack In, wire the rest as normal, then Fuzz Jack Out to Boost Jack In, then wire the rest as normal. On the Order switch, Fuzz Jack In will be S1 and Boost Jack Out will be R1 (the Vibe will go on S2 and R2). Then all 3 will have their own 3PDT and you will be able to toggle the position of the Vibe (first or last).
well that has blown my mind. I will have to draw a diagram in the morning to make sure I don’t mess it up, I can’t visualise it 🤦🏼‍♂️

What you're describing is the same as what @jwin615 and @dan.schumaker are describing. In both of the cases you listed, the fuzz comes before the boost, so you can treat those as one group and the vibe as another, single-member, group. You can still use 3PDT switches for each effect to bypass them individually.

I drew this up quickly (I cannot promise it's 100% error-free), but something like this:
View attachment 76821
How the heck did you knock that up quickly ??? I think I understand, just need to work I out with the 3PDT break out boards and an order switcher. Thanks brother

What I did is go into the middle effect, the switcher is connected to effects one and three. That’s about as close as I could get with just three effects.

How the heck did you knock that up quickly ??? I think I understand, just need to work I out with the 3PDT break out boards and an order switcher. Thanks brother
I was rather short earlier. Sorry. Quick pit stop during my 4 hour crawl through Atlanta.
If using breakouts, run the FS out of the fuzz to the IN of the boost FS board.
Now, the Fuzz/Boost are joined as One. A single input at output. That's one I/O for your order switcher. The other being the vibe. Or FX1, FX2 as I think they're called.

I was rather short earlier. Sorry. Quick pit stop during my 4 hour crawl through Atlanta.
If using breakouts, run the FS out of the fuzz to the IN of the boost FS board.
Now, the Fuzz/Boost are joined as One. A single input at output. That's one I/O for your order switcher. The other being the vibe. Or FX1, FX2 as I think they're called.
Dude you have been super helpful as has everyone else ! Think I have it 😂

Back