3dpt charge pump board question

paulbarrette

Hi all,
I have a few questions about the charge pump board. I think this would be great for my PNP fuzz pedal design to take in 9v centre neg power like the others.
  1. in 2 holes on left and out 2 holes on the right: these look like input/output wires, maybe there are 2 for stereo?
  2. There is a + - above the charge pump, is that where the real power source in connects?
  3. The FIXED section on bottom right: e.g. I have a PNP transistor, so I want -9v. I am assuming that is my converted source to drive my board?
  4. the 9V - 19V on the right: is that for a switch or something to toggle output power? wondering what the difference is between this and the FIXED section.
thanks
Pb

1715363072809.png

The pad marked IN is your signal input. The one beside it is ground for the input jack.

The pad on marked OUT is your signal output. The one beside it is ground for the output jack.

The + / - pads above the charge pump should be connected to your DC jack.

The + / - pads on the top right of the PCB are switched by the 9V/18V switch.

The FIXED pads at the bottom are exactly that, fixed voltage outputs. The FIXED -9V output is the one you'll want to use to power a positive ground effect. Use the - pad at the top right for ground to your PCB. Ignore the 9V/18V switch and the + pad at the top right.

In this case you won't need the 18V supply so you can omit the components highlighted in red.
Charge Bypass.png

Last edited:
The pad marked IN is your signal input. The one beside it is ground for the input jack.

The pad on marked OUT is your signal output. The one beside it is ground for the output jack.

The + / - pads above the charge pump should be connected to your DC jack.

The + / - pads on the top right of the PCB are switched by the 9V/18V switch.

The FIXED pads at the bottom are exactly that, fixed voltage outputs. The FIXED -9V output is the one you'll want to use to power a positive ground effect. Use the - pad at the top right for ground to your PCB. Ignore the 9V/18V switch and the + pad at the top right.

In this case you won't need the 18V supply so you can omit the components highlighted in red.
View attachment 74875
Great thanks!

Pb

Back