Abyss LFO choppy

Hello! I just completed a build of the Abyss and I'm getting some weirdness with the LFO. When the intensity is high, if the voice control isn't also set to near max, the wave gets very square and choppy, with no smoothness. However, if I move the voice down, and then also reduce the depth, the smoothness returns.

EDIT : I am currently in the process of working through the other posts on similar issues - this may fix it, haven't had time to dig in yet. I posted here wondering if anyone had any idea off the top of their head but I will do my due diligence and see if that fixes it :

This is the 2nd of these that I've built, but I no longer have the first and it's been quite awhile. So I don't recall if this is normal for the pedal. It seems like something is off though. Outside of the LFO/Intensity/Rate/Voice interplay, it sounds awesome when the settings are right.

Here's a brief vid showing the LFO behavior - maybe this is how it's supposed to work?

P.S. I'm wondering if maybe the MPSA18's I'm using are particularly high gain and that's swinging the voltages too quickly, maybe I can sub with something lower gain like a B549C?

Thanks for any wisdom you all can offer!

James

Attachments

• PXL_20231228_215609183.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231228_215609183.MP.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back