Adapter ring to make 1590BB enclosure deeper (STEP file download in thread)

Thanks for the 3D file, I'll see if a friend can do it. I don't have any friends with 3D printers... I wonder if that's age related.
Did you sort out the 20k/25k conundrum? I think either would do, but I'm not familiar with either green or blue Protein and haven't seen a schematic for either, either.

@fig, I've always thought a clear spacer would help in a lot of my builds and wished it came with built-in LED ring. I guess that'd need to be injection molded or something, but I'd settle for just wiring up some LEDs with a regular clear spacer. I've got some plexiglass end-cut shards from a trophy shop to experiment machining on, but don't have the tools yet to do so.

Thanks for the 3D file, I'll see if a friend can do it. I don't have any friends with 3D printers... I wonder if that's age related.
Did you sort out the 20k/25k conundrum? I think either would do, but I'm not familiar with either green or blue Protein and haven't seen a schematic for either, either.

@fig, I've always thought a clear spacer would help in a lot of my builds and wished it came with built-in LED ring. I guess that'd need to be injection molded or something, but I'd settle for just wiring up some LEDs with a regular clear spacer. I've got some plexiglass end-cut shards from a trophy shop to experiment machining on, but don't have the tools yet to do so.
You’re welcome! My brother makes all my stuff so I’ll see if I can get him to print more.
For now I’m just going to run with the 20k pot. Since it’s off board it won’t be a huge pain to undo if it needs to be.

the clear adapter would be pretty sweet. I’m pretty sure they make clear filament. It probably wouldn’t be super clear. It would be more diffused looking which could be cooler honestly.

Reactions: fig
Here is the step file for anyone that wants to print one.

So basically, I would just send this file to a 3D printer, right?
I was contemplating going with a bigger box at Tayda because I need a 1590BBS but would rather have color choice/UV print, your solution would be better after seeing how great your Protein turned out.

So basically, I would just send this file to a 3D printer, right?
I was contemplating going with a bigger box at Tayda because I need a 1590BBS but would rather have color choice/UV print, your solution would be better after seeing how great your Protein turned out.
Yeah so my brother is the one with the printer and he just sent me this and said it’s all you need.

I was worried it might not fit perfectly because I used a tech drawing from Hammond but tayda seems to have used the same drawing to make their enclosures!

Yeah so my brother is the one with the printer and he just sent me this and said it’s all you need.

I was worried it might not fit perfectly because I used a tech drawing from Hammond but tayda seems to have used the same drawing to make their enclosures!
Thanks! Will definitely try it out

So a little info on printing this.. the file I made available is a STEP file which allows you to open and modify. In order to print you will likely need to open it in some software that reads step and save as an STL file. The printers can use that file.

I downloaded it and tried to open it in OpenSCAD but for some reason it wasn't having that. What program do you use? I am also curious - where did you find the model? I would love to mess around with some of these. I am not a great modeler but I wouldn't mind making some little spacers for lights on other sizes of enclosures.

It was created in Fusion360 and my brother finished it in MasterCAM I believe because he’s comfortable with that program. Any program that can read a STEP file should handle it and convert to STL though.

the adapter was modeled after Hammonds 1590BB part drawing. They have a STEP file on their website. They have them for all the other enclosures too.

Loving this thread. Just out of completeness, Tayda has 1590BB2 which are 5mm deeper than 1590BB, so still not as deep as they get with the spacer but already better.

Is a 1590BB2 about the same depth as a 125B -- deep enough to have top mounted jacks and pots under part of those jacks?

Is a 1590BB2 about the same depth as a 125B -- deep enough to have top mounted jacks and pots under part of those jacks?
I meant 1590B, but apparently there is not a deeper version of that enclosure. Right? That would go a long way to making it easier to put a lot of boards into 1590B boxes.

I meant 1590B, but apparently there is not a deeper version of that enclosure. Right? That would go a long way to making it easier to put a lot of boards into 1590B boxes.
There may be a 1590BS type box on some of the non pedal building sites. Try hawk electronics

Now good luck finding one

1590BS and 1590B2

Rarely found anywhere, but Madbean has projects for both of those enclosure sizes

Back