AIAB Suggestions…

Coda

I am currently in the middle of an exploration of AIAB-type pedals. I use them at the end of my pedal chain, just before my amp (Acoustic Control Corp. 134; think loud, clean, and relatively flat…kinda like a knock-off Super Reverb). I prefer cleanish “foundations,” and do not use amp OD. However, I do require a bit of…something, which is what brought me to the AIAB. The ones I have built so far are all good, and sound like they are supposed to. I tend to run them on the cleaner side…

What are your favorite AIAB pedals? I have a DLS, and I’ve built the following: Wiio, Formula 55, Victory Copper. I’ve been thinking about doing something based on the Bassman. I also have the Destiny Behemoth to build…

I've built most of the Victory V1 pedals - the "cleanest" one I've found is the Vox-themed Copper. The rest will add varying amounts of gain. Recently built the Lovepedal Super Six “Stevie Mod” Overdrive (PedalPCB Super Stevie) and it really does the Super Reverb well. However, it is definitely pickup dependent, and voiced for single coils. Using a Strat or Jazzmaster, with single coils, I can get almost 100% clean, if needed. Humbuckers drive this pedal much harder, and I'm always getting some level of drive. A very pleasing gain, but never clean.

The Wampler Black 65 is supposed to give you some of that Bassman flavor. Not sure where/if somebody sells a PCB, though

The Wampler Black 65 is supposed to give you some of that Bassman flavor. Not sure where/if somebody sells a PCB, though
I'm sure I've seen it somewhere...

PCBGM supposedly has it, but unless somebody's already verified it works, I wouldn't order one.

DirtBox Layouts has a vero for it, as does tagboard.

In a similar vein...
HAO Sole Pressure is meant to sound Bassman-like, and there's a vero-layout for that. PPCB version here. Tweed Sound PPCB, and Cat'bread 5F6
Musikding kit here.

Ciaran Haslett has a vero-layout for the preamp section over at Tagboard, and there's a few others listed as well including one from Bajaman.

I'm sure I've seen it somewhere...

PCBGM supposedly has it, but unless somebody's already verified it works, I wouldn't order one.

DirtBox Layouts has a vero for it, as does tagboard.

In a similar vein...
HAO Sole Pressure is meant to sound Bassman-like, and there's a vero-layout for that. PPCB version here. Tweed Sound PPCB, and Cat'bread 5F6
Musikding kit here.

Ciaran Haslett has a vero-layout for the preamp section over at Tagboard, and there's a few others listed as well including one from Bajaman.

How about the CB Formula 5F6?…

I mentioned it in my post, “Cat’bread 5F6”.

I’m sorry, I thought you were referring to this…

shutterstock_1460834246.jpg

Back