Aion FX DS-1 issues

Chrisq206

I built an Aion DS-1 with lots of sockets for modifying and it currently sounds like an overloaded splatty Fuzz for some reason (no I did not do the Muff mod) I’ve gone over the solder joints, checked the part values and the voltages at a few key places. All check out.

The next thing for me to check will be the transistors.

Any other things I should check given the splatty sound?

I’ve built a lot of pedals and I’m a little surprised at the trouble this is giving me. Not a super complicated circuit, but I guess that’s how it goes sometimes

I built an Aion DS-1 with lots of sockets for modifying and it currently sounds like an overloaded splatty Fuzz for some reason (no I did not do the Muff mod) I’ve gone over the solder joints, checked the part values and the voltages at a few key places. All check out.

The next thing for me to check will be the transistors.

Any other things I should check given the splatty sound?

I’ve built a lot of pedals and I’m a little surprised at the trouble this is giving me. Not a super complicated circuit, but I guess that’s how it goes sometimes

Rule #1 of remote troubleshooting: We need pictures. Of both sides of the board and your offboard wiring.

How do I get the photo file on my iPhone small enough to insert l?

I’ve never figured it out

1.) Click Edit
2.) Rotate it 270 degrees (3 times)
3.) Click Done
4.) Click Edit again and rotate it another 90 degrees
5.) Click Done
6.) When you click “Attach Files” down below, use Photo Library
7.) When you click on the image you want, change its size to Large within your Photo Library before you add it.

Back