Aion obscura issue

So I’ve checked and double checked everything and I can’t figure out why I don’t get an effect sound with this build. Bypass works perfectly though. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1238.jpeg
    IMG_1238.jpeg
    444.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1235.jpeg
    IMG_1235.jpeg
    461.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1237.jpeg
    IMG_1237.jpeg
    485.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1236.jpeg
    IMG_1236.jpeg
    467.9 KB · Views: 20
I would reflow all of your solder joints. The solder joint to the ground in the power jack in particular looks like it might be a bit dodgy.

Other than that, I don't see any obvious issues. Your EL caps and transistors are oriented correctly, off-board wiring looks like it's connected correctly. Could be a lot of things, though--since you soldered the transistors directly, maybe one of them got fried if you left the iron on too long; bad trace; short somewhere, etc.

It could also be that you just plugged your cables into the wrong jacks. You would still get bypass but no effect.

If you've eliminated the obvious, then it's time to bust out a continuity or audio probe and trace along the schematic.

I have an issue with this build myself. It only works if I'm using a very high mA 9v dc adapter IMG_6691.jpeg
edit - nvm it was a bad solder joint at the dc jack. that symptom was new to me tho lol

Last edited:
So I’ve checked and double checked everything and I can’t figure out why I don’t get an effect sound with this build. Bypass works perfectly though. Any help would be appreciated.
Did you try it with a LED connected to the pads? I can't see how voltage comes through that daughter board on the shematic but just a thought.

Back