DEMO AionFx Flange with No Name

This post contains an audio or video demo

Synchrony Pedalworks

When I saw this offering, I had little knowledge of it. I only cared that it was a flanger. It is a wild pedal, combining time based modulation and tremolo. The modulation ranges from chorus to flanging to some weird a$& stuff. My favorite is to place the tremolo (space function) on a square wave and create a flanger sound on the time function, using a triangle wave for it. This combo provides a nice rhythmic quality to the music.

For the build, it wasn’t easy. There are tons of parts and it took two orders to get it all. It is important to be really organized with the build. It is really easy to put the wrong part in a slot. There was one annoying feature: flux. It took me way more time to clean the board of flux. I used flux remover and isopropyl and it was still difficult. I am still not completely happy with the cleaning, but it will do.

So, if you love flangers or modulation, you should definitely make this pedal.

IMG_5355.jpeg IMG_5357.jpeg IMG_5358.jpeg IMG_5359.jpeg

Last edited:
When I saw this offering, I had little knowledge of it. I only cared that it was a flanger. It is a wild pedal, combining time based modulation and tremolo. The modulation ranges from chorus to flanging to some weird a$& stuff. My favorite is to place the tremolo (space function) on a square wave and create a flanger sound on the time function, using a triangle wave for it. This combo provides a nice rhythmic quality to the music.

For the build, it wasn’t easy. There are tons of parts and it took two orders to get it all. It is important to be really organized with the build. It is really easy to put the wrong part in a slot. There was one annoying feature: flux. It took me way more time to clean the board of flux. I used flux remover and isopropyl and it was still difficult. I am still not completely happy with the cleaning, but it will do.

So, if you love flangers or modulation, you should definitely make this pedal.

View attachment 57865View attachment 57866View attachment 57867View attachment 57868
Kudo's man! That is not an easy build! I picked up one of the Lovetone projects from Aion as well, I looked long and hard at this one but passed. I figured it would just sit collecting dust, I got the Neurotron instead (ring mod sort of), and THAT's sitting collecting dust heh. Gives me a headache just to look at it.

Amazing !

i ordered the same Xenotron effect from musikding, along with a Neurotron. How long did you spent on the building process ?

Your demo tells me it was the right choice. Sounds strange and beautiful. Hope i won't do any big mistakes...

I've never seen a transformer in a modulation before... What does it do in this circuit ?
Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 01-19-16 Xenotron Modulation Machine - Aion FX - xenotron_documentati...png
Will you build also the Neurotron, Lovetone ring modulator ?

I guess you've already built a Meatball clone ?

Last edited:
Amazing !

i ordered the same Xenotron effect from musikding, along with a Neurotron. How long did you spent on the building process ?

Your demo tells me it was the right choice. Sounds strange and beautiful. Hope i won't do any big mistakes...

I've never seen a transformer in a modulation before... What does it do in this circuit ?
View attachment 57888
Will you build also the Neurotron, Lovetone ring modulator ?

I guess you've already built a Meatball clone ?
I don’t know what the transform does either. This was my first Lovetone project and may do some of the other ones now. This pedal did take me a while. If first built it with the supplies that I had on hand and then waited for the restocked supplies to return. It probably took me a good 8 hrs to finish, but I only work about an hour a night. I sure it would be faster if I could dedicate more time per session.

Back