SOLVED AionFX Solaris: Weird grounding issue

jeffwhitfield

Hey folks! Trying to finish up on a build of an AionFX Solaris pedal but ran into a weird issue.

Basically, if nothing is plugged in except power, the pedal turns on and off, no problem. If I plug in the input and output the LED comes on, stays on, and nothing works. Bypass works....but turning on the pedal doesn't.

What's weird is that if I plug in just one jack and touch the other jack to its sleeve the LED comes on. If its firmly seated, it seems ok...haven't tested that though. Regardless, there seems to be an odd grounding issue going on. Not sure where to start with this one. Could it be the foot switch?

IMG_0054.jpeg
IMG_0055.jpeg

Have you used that variant of 1/4" jack in the past?

I'd get out my multimeter and check for continuity between input/output and your power supply. Only thought I have is that there could be a bridge between +/-9v and there that gets shorted to ground when a jack is plugged in.

Have you used that variant of 1/4" jack in the past?

I'd get out my multimeter and check for continuity between input/output and your power supply. Only thought I have is that there could be a bridge between +/-9v and there that gets shorted to ground when a jack is plugged in.
Good point. Could be a bad jack.

Back
Top Bottom