Amentum LED Issue

Peebs1284

I just finished building an Amentum boost and the effect works fine but the LED will not light. The LED functions and I have checked everywhere for shorts. I can't post pictures right now but can later. Any ideas?

The LED part of any true bypass pedal build is really simple. Essentially you have +ve voltage supply, LED, a resistor, a switch (usually one part of a 3PDT stomp switch) and ground. The resistor can be on either side of the LED, as can the switch. The only thing stopping the LED from lighting would be that it is installed backwards, The switch is broken (they can be a bit fragile when heated so soldering can do it if you aren't careful) or there is a poorly made solder connection in that part of the circuit. Test it all with a multimeter set to either ohms or continuity with no power to the circuit.

Alright so after tinkering before this response I reflowed all the solders and now it only works in bypass, nothing at all when engaged. No sound, no light, nothing.....and it says file too large when I try to upload a photo. Sigh....

Back
Top Bottom