Another DuoCast

caiofilipini

Wrapped this one up last night. Built it for a close friend because I think he needs one, even though he doesn't know it yet. :ROFLMAO:

I decided to leave off the charge pump and build it like the original. All the relevant caps are rated 35V or higher, so it could be run at higher voltages too.
Used a BC549C and a 2N404. Gørva S90 enclosure, aluminum knobs and LMS pro switches. Looks clean and sounds great!

PXL_20211013_014148794.jpg

PXL_20211013_014446989~2.jpg

Looks classy with those knobs.

I've never tried one of these in real life but I am kind of interested in the pedal more for the fuzz/OD. Would it make sense to build a Simulcast in that case? Also, I find some of the videos I've heard a bit harsh and notice many comments about relative lack of bass. Are there mods to add the bass back in?

Thank you, folks!

I've never tried one of these in real life but I am kind of interested in the pedal more for the fuzz/OD. Would it make sense to build a Simulcast in that case? Also, I find some of the videos I've heard a bit harsh and notice many comments about relative lack of bass. Are there mods to add the bass back in?

I haven't looked into any mods, but there was a similar discussion recently in a different thread:

Reactions: fig
Wrapped this one up last night. Built it for a close friend because I think he needs one, even though he doesn't know it yet. :ROFLMAO:

I decided to leave off the charge pump and build it like the original. All the relevant caps are rated 35V or higher, so it could be run at higher voltages too.
Used a BC549C and a 2N404. Gørva S90 enclosure, aluminum knobs and LMS pro switches. Looks clean and sounds great!

View attachment 16994

View attachment 16995
With what did you replace the switch? What is that orange resistor in the switch location?

Back