Another Muroidea Mod question

Stelloh42

I have a Muroidea board that I want to build with this bass frequency mod:

7292F784-F9DC-4B91-BA8D-B00BB1032626.png
on the original Rat board - R7 is the 560 ohm resistor and C6 is a 4.7 uF electrolytic cap.

it appears that on the muroidea, there is a trace going from one side of the 560 resistor to the positive leg of the 4.7 cap. Wondering if I can attach the two leads to the on-off-on DPDT toggle at these two points. Only reason I am not sure is that the diagram specifies "from the resistor to 'between' the resistor & capacitor"

also - if anyone knows of any other mods that require less surgery than this one in order to make a Rat circuit more usable on bass guitar - I'd love to hear about it.

thanks!

-Chris

This mod keeps stock values in the off position and switches to fatter values, if you don't need stock values just socket R3 and C2

If you want stock it's not surgery as such you're tacking those wires to the top of R3 and the + (top) of C2 on the muroidea everything else is on the switch

Hoping to be able keep it stock with the middle position of the 3-way toggle. Just wanted to make sure that these two spots on the board were, in fact, the places that I needed to attach the wires from the toggle switch.

gonna give this a shot now!

Thanks!!!

-Chris

Awesome - I'm most likely just going to change the values on those two components in future builds - but for now, the 3 way switch is the way to go.

appreciate you posting these responses, BTW. Exactly the help I needed!

Chris

Back