SOLVED Antithesis Fuzz Density Pot

VanWhy

I just boxed up my build of the Antithesis and the C500K pot labeled for "density" makes no change on the sound. Pedal does the fuzz and all other knobs do what they should. Anyone built this and experienced this? I can post a sound clip but wanted to throw this out there first.

Edit: I did measure the resistance of the pot and it is around 500k

Attachments

• 20230808_191005.jpg
    20230808_191005.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 19
So, I messed around with it more and I think I boofed it. The pot was getting weird readings from my DMM so I tried replacing it. Three times... So... there is no sound at all now. I'm pretty sure I ripped one or more of the pads. If I was a betting man, I'd say it was a bad/defective pot to begin with. So with the pads shot its going in the drawer of shame for now

So, I messed around with it more and I think I boofed it. The pot was getting weird readings from my DMM so I tried replacing it. Three times... So... there is no sound at all now. I'm pretty sure I ripped one or more of the pads. If I was a betting man, I'd say it was a bad/defective pot to begin with. So with the pads shot its going in the drawer of shame for now
(raises hand)

Look, I'm still comparatively just a baby at all this. But I'm betting that if you posted the schematic, someone here more knowledgeable than me could suggest where you might install a jumper to overcome the damaged pad, which could bring this project back out of the drawer of shame.

Mike

1691585183895.png I guess I cut the traces that are shown going to the density pads? Then solder to the pot legs? I've never done that so if this is possible and anyone is willing to give advice that would be appreciated.

In my experience this type of issue is usually linked to a solder/contact issue than a component issue. Are your pots covered? Is anything touching something it shouldn’t?…

In my experience this type of issue is usually linked to a solder/contact issue than a component issue. Are your pots covered? Is anything touching something it shouldn’t?…
Very well could be. I get the feeling that there is some kind of grounding issue or like you mentioned, something that shouldn't be touching. I'm going to get after it tonight.

Okay, just got done butchering this thing. I went with the workaround and just connected the pot legs straight to the component traces. It's all working now. Had to clean up alot and still have much more to clean. She ain't pretty but she rocks. Had to change the pot. I put a A500k since I didn't have the C500k. It's working. I like it. Boom Bam. Thanks for all the responses and help. 20230809_185130.jpg

Okay, just got done butchering this thing. I went with the workaround and just connected the pot legs straight to the component traces. It's all working now. Had to clean up alot and still have much more to clean. She ain't pretty but she rocks. Had to change the pot. I put a A500k since I didn't have the C500k. It's working. I like it. Boom Bam. Thanks for all the responses and help.View attachment 54232
Good job! If everything is fixed, please go ahead and edit the first post to change the tag to “solved”.

Mike

Back