Anybody build both the Malachite and the Sanguine and/or Tyrian?

The Gator

The Malachite sounds like the treble doesn't get as bright as the sanguine or the tyrian circuits. I noticed that C13 on malachite is C21 on the sanguine. That cap and the added 100k resistor R21 seems to be the only differences in the bass treble circuit.
Anybody else notice the malachite is darker overall?

Gator,
Yes, I noticed that the Malachite was darker in tone than the other two Revv clones. I built a Sanguine with the gain of the Malachite but the standard Sangune tone stack. Gave a much brighter sound, so much so that I had to dial the treble down to almost 9 o'clock to stop my ears from bleeding. I finally determined that it was the amp that i was playing through (simple chip amp I made using a 12" panasonic speaker from an organ) that gave it a more that normal brite sound. I switched an Ampeg SS-140 and now it sounds much better and the treble control is around 11 to 12 o'clock.

-Sean

Thank you for the response!
I thought it seemed darker. I am going to build both of them again, this time for myself. The malachite will have a bit more dirt, and a boost at the end. The sanguine will be pretty much stock.

Thank you

I've built all three, been a year or so, but I think the Sanguine was my favorite of the three, followed closely by the Tyrian

I built all three. I'll pull them out and give them another whirl. I remember liking all three but I never compared them.

Back