Anyone has a solution for changing faceplate text seamlessly?

FuzzyLotus

Heyoo!
Currently enjoying a bout of ADHD, building pedals and stuff, so I'm apparently full throttle in that project now.
Was wondering if anyone ever had a solution thought out and used for changing text on the faceplate of a pedal?
I'm thinking this would be particularly helpful when working on programmable DaisySeed pedals, where customization can be done via usb super easily.
I'm thinking of working with an acetate that I could just print the text on and cut to pedal size, put some holes into it, remove knobs of potentiometers and put on top, then put knobs back on.
But I'm sure there are better solutions already for that "problem" loll

Cheers!

If you're looking for a non-permanent solution, have you considered just trying to use a label maker with a non-permanent adhesive tape backing? It probably wouldn't hold up well to gigging, but if this is an at-home type thing, it may hold up okay.

If you're looking for a non-permanent solution, have you considered just trying to use a label maker with a non-permanent adhesive tape backing? It probably wouldn't hold up well to gigging, but if this is an at-home type thing, it may hold up okay.
Bro that's actually pretty smart haha!
I'll try that until I find a better solution :D

I was just thinking of this issue this week. My thought was to use an outie power plug and have two enclosures. With the outie power plug, I can change the enclosure. It would cost $12 for an extra enclosure and UV printing.

The other idea is to make faceplates via @amplifyfun and simply swap the faceplate. That might run $5-8 per faceplate.

Ooh thanks for the reply! I'll shoot them a message and see if they have possible clues/solutions for me hehe!

Faceplate or UV print with a white "scribble strip" area under each control?

2022-05-05-rhcp4-1-front-726x408.jpeg

Faceplate or UV print with a white "scribble strip" area under each control?

2022-05-05-rhcp4-1-front-726x408.jpeg

I’ve always been tempted to this more for just having some better than completely blank enclosures on hand and then I realize how huge I write with a sharpie / paint marker. Always ends up like this

1714611043723.jpeg

Dry erase or chalk board paint could be interesting depending on the intended vibe. Wouldn’t be my first choice personally.

A PCB faceplate with writable silkscreen that mounts underneath pot nuts might be cool too

Heyoo!
Currently enjoying a bout of ADHD, building pedals and stuff, so I'm apparently full throttle in that project now.
Was wondering if anyone ever had a solution thought out and used for changing text on the faceplate of a pedal?
I'm thinking this would be particularly helpful when working on programmable DaisySeed pedals, where customization can be done via usb super easily.
I'm thinking of working with an acetate that I could just print the text on and cut to pedal size, put some holes into it, remove knobs of potentiometers and put on top, then put knobs back on.
But I'm sure there are better solutions already for that "problem" loll

Cheers!
I've used transparency sheets on an inkjet printer. Print in reverse for ink side down and xacto knife to cut out the holes. You can even spray paint the back.

The background colors on this one are from the inkjet printer
AP1GczOSrHyqTp6DuyZ8CdSpZbYMpt7rw6TDRDW4evvTQ3pyY6XrkDgiviG8tp88CKFKf7B_B9EoqRW5a7e-r55GeddiiHSXAPxEUGwhU7AIUrldt-iGGScyqeufl_ssC_Q-xysuqr6OYBLJn_PogR-iGIXl7Q=w1769-h1326-s-no-gm

The orange and sparkle background is spray paint on this one
AP1GczOlTCHSdumVoDe1564lvucBjC_NGdjzuS5L5pAJJuSW4FZ7RrqGChYOQ4hENGYr6jiR6G1rhm-T5L02Zdd9eWj32IXt8Ek2s3JozRtT0v6j2NOx3qfu638-5LuBtNTfO3Qfdm4R2sHqDJcoIs5eXRQU_g=w1307-h1743-s-no-gm

Last edited:
Back