Are these WIMA capacitors fake?

FamousAmos

Just received some Wima caps I ordered from what seems (or seemed?) to be a reputable eBay seller. I know risky, but they had some values I couldn't find elsewhere. They look a bit different as far as the color of the bottom seal and some of the numbering fonts despite all being mks2's. I've heard WIMA has changed some of that cosmetic stuff over the years so maybe they're older? but I need a more experienced eye to weigh in before I pop these in my own pedals.

Attachments

• IMG_20221107_114414029.jpg
    IMG_20221107_114414029.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20221107_114459039.jpg
    IMG_20221107_114459039.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20221107_114610764-01.jpeg
    IMG_20221107_114610764-01.jpeg
    520.3 KB · Views: 32
I don't think they're fake because I've had wima caps which look like those before. I think mine were odd values as well. I've used them all now but didn't have problems with any of the builds they were in.

They look legit to me, unless the ones I've been getting from Tayda are also fake..... :ROFLMAO: .....(which is a distinct possibility).

I'd test them and see how close they are test out. All of mine were within the prescribed 5% or 10% depending on which type.

They look legit to me, unless the ones I've been getting from Tayda are also fake..... :ROFLMAO: .....(which is a distinct possibility).

I'd test them and see how close they are test out. All of mine were within the prescribed 5% or 10% depending on which type.
Yeah I've yet to open them to do any testing. I just know the ones I've gotten from tayda all have a yellow underside and these are clear, but going on Wima's site I do see they use the clear sealing/epoxy/whatever stuff on the bottom as well on some variants.

Just received some Wima caps I ordered from what seems (or seemed?) to be a reputable eBay seller. I know risky, but they had some values I couldn't find elsewhere. They look a bit different as far as the color of the bottom seal and some of the numbering fonts despite all being mks2's. I've heard WIMA has changed some of that cosmetic stuff over the years so maybe they're older? but I need a more experienced eye to weigh in before I pop these in my own pedals.
Those are for sure fake. Please send them to me for disposal… ;)

Back