Attenuator for 1968 Champ

fuzz

Does anyone have a recommendation for an attenuator for a vintage Fender Champ? I cant recall off the top of my head but the speaker is sub-4 ohm and has RCA connectors. I'm sure many know, despite being small and "only" 5 watts, it can get very loud. I'd love to be able to bring that down to like 1 watt of even 1/2, so I can crank the snot out of it and not go deaf

Oh yeah, the passive attenuators are perfect. I bought one from Carl’s. Don’t do that, just build it.

Oh yeah, the passive attenuators are perfect. I bought one from Carl’s. Don’t do that, just build it.
That one from Carl's looks like it uses the same L-pad from the article I posted. The DIY article also adds a selectable cap/treble bleed, which makes me wonder if Carl's uses a non-selectable one, or is it just the L-pad?

Do you have a gut shot of it? For science.

That one from Carl's looks like it uses the same L-pad from the article I posted. The DIY article also adds a selectable cap/treble bleed, which makes me wonder if Carl's uses a non-selectable one, or is it just the L-pad?

Do you have a gut shot of it? For science.
Yep, non selectable. The one you posted is way better. It looks very cool. I was thinking about building one, but I didn’t. On my amps with an effects send and return, I just use a volume pot. Lazy…

Any idea what value they used? I'm thinking of building one myself, and just curious.

Back