Aurum-Boss OD-2r Turbo Mode

Guardians of the analog

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
1000010902.jpg
I've shown this one the past couple build reports in the demo videos so I'll just go ahead and give it a proper build report. I had a previous build report of the Aurum but that was my modified version of the lower gain mode. This pedal is the stock project based on the turbo mode of the OD-2r. The OD-2 was the first all discreet gain pedal from boss and another of the hidden gems out there.

So what's the difference between the two modes? Added gain stage and lower voltage bias for more drive and compression. The turbo mode can do a medium to border line lower high gain sound compared to the low/med drive on the standard mode. This can do some really nice crunch type sounds. It has a nice midrange character but not as pronounced as something like a SD-1.

For the enclosure I decided to take this one in more of a @peccary direction. Aurum means gold and I could have done another yellow drive pedal but went with Melissa Gold aka Songbird (Screaming Mimi) and a cool 80s vibe with lots of pink against a matte dark gray tayda box. All in all it's a nice drive pedal with a nice sound and a different topology and a good build for something a little different.
uDOxRtr.jpg
nl2c8jl.jpeg
L19QmR9.jpeg

Last edited:
Uhhh Damn
Thanks Will 😂
Slick build as always. I really love the pink on matte grey. Boss discrete overdrives are the bees knees.
Thanks, I wanted to try something different here, and the boss discreet stuff really does sound awesome.
Beautiful build, man. Hot pink is always a winner in my book!
Thanks Joe, I had to steal your style cause it's so RAD 😂
Is it getting warm in here or is there just a build that f***s?
Keep your clothes on Nelly 🤣
hot-deployed.gif

That's no rose-gold — nut in butt Pure Pink Gold!

Well, "pure" is relative as Pink Gold is made from Gold, Copper and Silver...

Perfect for this pedal that sinks the pink.
I love pink and plan on doing another pink themed pedal in the near future.
Great build. I have a soft-spot for the OD-2R, I have 2 originals..
Thanks Dave, this pedal really doesn't get the love it deserves!

I've shown this one the past couple build reports in the demo videos so I'll just go ahead and give it a proper build report. I had a previous build report of the Aurum but that was my modified version of the lower gain mode. This pedal is the stock project based on the turbo mode of the OD-2r. The OD-2 was the first all discreet gain pedal from boss and another of the hidden gems out there.

So what's the difference between the two modes? Added gain stage and lower voltage bias for more drive and compression. The turbo mode can do a medium to border line lower high gain sound compared to the low/med drive on the standard mode. This can do some really nice crunch type sounds. It has a nice midrange character but not as pronounced as something like a SD-1.

For the enclosure I decided to take this one in more of a @peccary direction. Aurum means gold and I could have done another yellow drive pedal but went with Melissa Gold aka Songbird (Screaming Mimi) and a cool 80s vibe with lots of pink against a matte dark gray tayda box. All in all it's a nice drive pedal with a nice sound and a different topology and a good build for something a little different.
uDOxRtr.jpg
nl2c8jl.jpeg
L19QmR9.jpeg
How the hell did I miss this today!?….sooo.. 🥵

Back