B-Side Fuzz | Mid-Fi Demo Tape Fuzz

apc42069

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
First and Foremost: I'm 89% sure I ripped off the name "Portafuzz" from someone on here. If anyone knows the OG please drop them here, so I can update this post with due credit.

***update*** This idea came from the beautiful brain of a one @Harry Klippton - thank you doctor!!

Now then.. I love this thing! It does what it's meant to do incredibly well. Like freakishly well. I've been putting it all over my chain, and dig it most post modulation / pre delay for ultimate tascam-y sound, but it's nice at the end of my OD section too for a more subtle color.. softening the corners on shoe gazey arpeggio stuff. Had it in a blank enclosure for a few months, and use it enough to warrant making art for it.

I might wire a buffer in there, so I don't have to keep using my 1981 to boost signal down the chain, hmm.. anyone tried?

My favorite part of the design is the "Tascam" logo. I get a kick out of Baudrillard, and the concept of simulacra (as it applies to DIY effects), so Tascam? It's a scam! The 420 bit is stupid, but if I'm slightly changing 424, there's really no other choice.

Grey powder coat and UV printing from Tayda w/ varnish gloss.

IMG_2434.jpg IMG_2435.jpg IMG_2436.jpg

Last edited:
First and Foremost: I'm 89% sure I ripped off the name "Portafuzz" from someone on here. If anyone knows the OG please drop them here, so I can update this post with due credit.

Now then.. I love this thing! It does what it's meant to do incredibly well. Like freakishly well. I've been putting it all over my chain, and dig it most post modulation / pre delay for ultimate tascam-y sound, but it's nice at the end of my OD section too for a more subtle color.. softening the corners on shoe gazey arpeggio stuff. Had it in a blank enclosure for a few months, and use it enough to warrant making art for it.

I might wire a buffer in there, so I don't have to keep using my 1981 to boost signal down the chain, hmm.. anyone tried?

My favorite part of the design is the "Tascam" logo. I get a kick out of Baudrillard, and the concept of simulacra (as it applies to DIY effects), so Tascam? It's a scam! The 420 bit is stupid, but if I'm slightly changing 424, there's really no other choice.

Grey powder coat and UV printing from Tayda w/ varnish gloss.

View attachment 43045View attachment 43044View attachment 43043
It's a scam. I love it. :giggle:

Back