Bad People Fuzz (MadBean Poindexter)

Bio77

This one came out cool. The enclosure is no-film but I got the idea to paint the label before transfer to block in some white area. Went pretty smooth except I over glued and got some bubbles. Since it's such an ugly aesthetic, anyways, I left it alone. Goes with the way it sounds :cool:

I've built the Fuzz Dog and the Aion versions of the Superfuzz. This time I had the Peak DCA to match the transistors and the octave works really well. Circuit is the Zvex Octane2, which is a supped up Superfuzz. It's crazy loud. Nope....much louder that that. IMG_3229.jpg IMG_3230.jpg IMG_3231.jpg

This is rad. I used to listen to that album all the time, I've got a nice original pressing as well.

Am I reading you right? You painted the decal and then transfered it to the enclosure? I'd never thought of that - it turned out amazing.

Damn John, octave fuzz is some of the only fuzz I like, and that is a tight build inside and out.
Thank you, sir :cool:
This is rad. I used to listen to that album all the time, I've got a nice original pressing as well.

Am I reading you right? You painted the decal and then transfered it to the enclosure? I'd never thought of that - it turned out amazing.
I too have a pressing, and still spin it every once in a while, one of my faves.

Yes, I used a sharpie white paint marker and dabbed the paint on the label. Since the no-film is a reverse image, you are effectively blocking out, so, didn't have to stay in all the lines perfectly. After it dried ~2h I did the regular transfer with the glue and heat treated everything. It was an experiment, I wasn't sure the ink from the no-film was going to stick to the paint or the paint to the glue. But it worked out.

The finished product looks like I hand painted the teeth and eyes after the transfer, you can tell its paint, it looks crafty. So, if the image was clean lines and sharp it would look off.

Back