Bass Kliché Mini (with Chuck D. Bones mods)

rhaas

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I recently wanted to build a Klone for bass and decided to take some inspiration from Chuck's well-considered and helpfully explained mods. This is my third Kliché Mini build and they've all been a breeze — really a fan of this layout!

Figuring that I might want to tweak the clean channel volume and bass bleed levels, I used some Trimmit-mounted trimpots in the R7 and R14 positions. Speaking of which, I realized that a 1/8 watt resistor works well as one of the mounting "posts" if you want to set a minimum resistance. :)

IMG_6958.png

For the graphics, I recycled a design from a previous Kliché build, with a nod toward the fact that this one's tuned for bass. As for the sound, it's pretty awesome! Once you start to dial in any amount of gain, it provides a warm/full compression that's hard to turn off. After playing for a bit (and after taking the attached pictures), I decided that a smaller C2 value (330nF) worked better for my rig. Many thanks to Chuck for inspiring the build, and for helping me understand some aspects of the Klon circuit that I hadn't really thought much about.

IMG_6945.png
IMG_6947.png
IMG_6961.png

Back