MB VFE Mobius Strip

Mentaltossflycoon

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
After posting my mini mu build, I decided to dig my first attempt at a vfe build out of the box of shame and take another look. I had initially installed the wrong regulator so I wasn't able to turn the effect off and after replacing it, the relay still wasn't working but my voltages looked good.

Today I replaced the relay and was finally back in business but I'm not sure if I had a bad one or if I somehow fried the first. Either way, I'm glad I got around to finishing this as it's pretty fun. I don't use a lot of delay, especially on bass. I have a rubberneck for getting weird and a few specific things but I don't get too crazy. So having parallel delays isn't exactly MORE useful since it really is a guitar thing. I don’t know anything about Andy Timmons so I'm not exactly toan chasing that whole vibe.

Mobius mode is really what compelled me to build this and it delivers some sweet sweet strangeness. It's just a texture I've not heard in another pedal. I lost an hour to it with my telecaster this afternoon. In his youtube demo
@jjjimi84
demonstrated a double slap back setting that was probably the most useful sound it can make but mobius mode with some longer repeats where the rhythms kind of fight before they melt together is chaotic in the good way.

I strongly suggest taking this one on. While VFE doesn't offer much for bass players beyond the Woodchipper and Mini mu, this delay brings enough to the table to interest all of us. It's my new favorite pt2399 circuit, right up there with the pitch pirate for being delay that isn't boring. Speaking of new favorites, I put it in the new candy metallic purple from Tayder. Screenshot_20240420_145209_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240420_145200_Gallery.jpg

Hats off to you for sticking it out and getting it working!

These vfe builds are no joke and certainly raise the skill level of any builder. I love the sparkle purple, are you going to letter it or do any graphics?

Hats off to you for sticking it out and getting it working!

These vfe builds are no joke and certainly raise the skill level of any builder. I love the sparkle purple, are you going to letter it or do any graphics?
I've been skipping decoration when I think the box is pretty. I kept avoiding using my devil's punchbowl enclosure that I put my mini mu in because i didn't want to cover up any of that shiny glitter. There may be 6 controls but it's pretty obvious what they do without labels.

That purple is dope!
Cool addition to the collection.

After posting my mini mu build, I decided to dig my first attempt at a vfe build out of the box of shame and take another look.

There's been at-least one Mini Mu in my Box of Shame for 4-5 years that I'll be taking another look at after that build report.. oh, and the Old School..
Those VFE builds whooped my novice ass 🤣

Most excellent! This is one of the coolest 2399 delays for me. Way to get it out of the box of shame and into the hall of fame!

This is the VFE board that makes salivate. I like a few of them but this one is on the list and I am excited to tackle it. Great to see another successful report here (because I will likely reference all the ones I can find to complete my own).

Nice job resurrecting that little beastie. The mobius is a cool delay, but a bitch of project. Seeing that sweet powder coat makes me regret not looking at this build report before hitting the checkout at Tayda

Back