Aion Meridian (Bass version)

SYLV9ST9R

My brother-in-law asked me to make a pedal for his brother, who's a well-versed guitarist who recently got into bass playing.
After some discussion on what he was after for sound, some research and some consultation on the forum later, I settled on the bass version of the Aion Meridian, a clone of the Guyatone PS-020 Bass Exciter & Limiter compressor. Can you believe this is my first Aion build!
Can't really try it on bass here, soo eager to have his comments on the pedals in the coming weeks when he has it in hand.
My BIL also told me his brother really enjoys hiking in the mountain, so that was the inspiration for the graphics.
UV print on a pearl gray enclosure.

IMG_4871.jpg IMG_4873.jpg

Last edited:
Love the graphics, that turned out great!

I built this for guitar and I absolutely love it. Being able to select between even/odd harmonics for my guitar solos makes this pedal a ton of fun to use. Permanent fixture on my board for sure!

I might have to build another for bass....

Love the graphics, that turned out great!

I built this for guitar and I absolutely love it. Being able to select between even/odd harmonics for my guitar solos makes this pedal a ton of fun to use. Permanent fixture on my board for sure!

I might have to build another for bass....
Thanks! Hope he loves it too!

Looks great. I believe @peccary is a big fan of this circuit
Thanks! Even better if it gets his seal of approval!

Looks amazing!

I just finished this build (my first!) but can't find any info on how to tune/set up the bias trimmer inside. What did you do with yours?

Looks amazing!

I just finished this build (my first!) but can't find any info on how to tune/set up the bias trimmer inside. What did you do with yours?
Thanks!
I was asking myself the same question as I didn’t find any info. I think I set it at noon/midpoint. I’m getting the pedal to it’s new owner this weekend, so I might tell him just to adjust it by ear (or do nothing if he likes the sound!).

@peccary do you have any hindsight on the trimmer?

Awesome!

That said, I'm clueless and I can't figure it out.
I see here (https://www.elde.cz/datasht/ca3080.pdf) that in the old CA3080, pins 5 and 6 are "input bias" and output, but the LM13700N seems to have two pins as input bias (1 and 16) and 2 more as outputs (5 and 12) (https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm13700.pdf?ts=1712109847304)

I'm not sure what I need to be measuring but nothing I've tried seems to fall in that 0.400 to 0.430vdc for pin 5 (bias input?) with sustain at minimum

Back