SOLVED Black eye no signal

drgonzo1969

I just finished this up and I’m not getting any signal in bypass or with the effect on. LEDs are lighting up. Anything jumping out here?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 20
Then you should take the DMM, check for shorts around IN/OUT. Then - inspect wiring of the 3pdt.
I also recommend using audio probe to trace signal from input jack, through the switch to the out jack.

btw - it is good practice not to mix the colors of the wires.
If GND at DC jack is black, then keep black only for GND.. any red - power, etc..

Whoops, I looked at the picture on your previous post without paying attention to the words you wrote. I assumed, as temol mentioned, that black was ground across the board, and green was signal.

So you do have the ground and signal wires swapped.

Then you should take the DMM, check for shorts around IN/OUT. Then - inspect wiring of the 3pdt.
I also recommend using audio probe to trace signal from input jack, through the switch to the out jack.

btw - it is good practice not to mix the colors of the wires.
If GND at DC jack is black, then keep black only for GND.. any red - power, etc..
Couldn't agree more!! My rule when building pedals - whether pre-made PCBs or vero - if it's black, it's Ground.

duly noted. Thanks for the advice. Glad it was a simple noob mistake and not something more complicated. Again thanks everyone for chiming in. I’m going to rewire as soon as my daughter takes a nap.
Excellent, and sorry again for the miscommunication on my part. Let us know how it goes. Everything else looks good, semiconductors and polarized caps are facing the right direction, I have every reason to expect it to work with the wires swapped.

Back